The end is near for the B250e

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilerlord

Some time ago, I suspected that Mercedes was planning to discontinue production of the B250e. It seems that it's become official:

https://blog.caranddriver.com/bye-bye-baby-b-mercedes-spikes-its-electric-subcompact-eyes-more-mainstream-evs/

It was fun while it lasted but there's no doubt that a larger, and longer range Benz will attract more customers.

oilerlord said:
Some time ago, I suspected that Mercedes was planning to discontinue production of the B250e. It seems that it's become official:

https://blog.caranddriver.com/bye-bye-baby-b-mercedes-spikes-its-electric-subcompact-eyes-more-mainstream-evs/

It was fun while it lasted but there's no doubt that a larger, and longer range Benz will attract more customers.

Sad, yes, but not new. Article is from August.
All the same, sort of nice having a car that is driven by a small group of folks, and very helpful ones as well.

in2insight,

I agree that there is something to being one of 3000+ owners. I rarely see one in and around NYC other than occasionally at the dealer. In California, a little different.

People have stopped to ask me which Mercedes it is as they have never seen. (They also stop me thinking I am their black Uber car!)

Given its largely trouble free existence save the glitches MB has paid to fix, I like being different.

I dig the B and would buy it again. So far, no issues. It just gets me to where I need to go smoothly & quietly. It does make me feel good to drive what is among one of the rarest cars in the world, however I do pull up along a gasoline B250 every now & then (they are sold in Canada). Rare is good, but that makes the community small. There is strength in numbers. For instance, I'd love to find an app like leafSPY so I could monitor my battery but I doubt an app like that would ever be developed for a car with such a small user base.

One thing I never really liked about the B are the weird pizza-pan wheels. I bought a set of 17" MB replica wheels from costco.ca for about $130 each (~USD$100). The car now looks like a Mercedes should:

dZ1nnkr.jpg

Oilerlord,

Fantastic looking rims man! They are a BIG improvement over the OEM pizza pans.

As a renter of a stripper, I am going to resist very hard upgrading the look of my new B.

Thanks for posting sir.

My mechanic told me that the nitrogen fill (green caps) was a hoax designed to separate you from your money. Anyone know more about it?

SHF,

Ah, capitalism at work for those who are price insensitive. First, in full disclosure, I went for it when first pitched to me by the service guy at my dealer. The most important thing to me is if I felt any difference in ride, NO. This was for my wife's wagon. It has some reported benefits which are unlikely to appear for me who puts low mileage on cars, replaces tires every 7 years or so, and drive cautiously like the old guy I am now. No thank you MB.

Back