2015 B Class?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael

Does anyone know when the 2015 B Class will be out? I have heard fall 2014. If that's the case, maybe I don't want to get a 2014 model in September? Any thoughts?

If you are leasing, you probably don't care... If you are buying, it might be another story.

rachael said:
Does anyone know when the 2015 B Class will be out? I have heard fall 2014. If that's the case, maybe I don't want to get a 2014 model in September? Any thoughts?

tomt said:
If you are leasing, you probably don't care... If you are buying, it might be another story.
One reason to care, irrespective of leasing or buying, is that the 2015 is eligible for the $1000 Fleet discount, the 2014 is not.

Also one can hope that the 2015 includes the firmware fix that everyone is waiting for...

Hi all,

I heard the 2015s won't arrive until Feb/Mar 2015 although one dealer thinks it could be as early as Jan. Curious to know what others have heard.

I have a 2011 Leaf whose lease is up and am waiting on a 2014 I ordered but may pass on it and wait for the 2015. I heard the range extender option will be standard for 2015. Can anyone confirm? I also heard a rumor (and probably just that) that 2015s may have a fast charge option. Does anyone know of any other changes? Any chance the grill might change to resemble the GLA/C class, etc?

If you take a look at MB's German website the Electric Drive is shown in the old look. So apparently it will not get the benefit of the 2015 facelift. So the moden version of the car with electric drive is stuck with the old look? How crazy is that?

Jylkat said:
From which source(s) did you get this information?

I heard this from my local dealer as well as during a chat session with MB Corporate. My local dealer was able to give me a printout from his MB order system so I could see the various options although is it closed to orders for now. Looks like the range extender is includedfor MY 2015s. No word on pricing yet.

The same was true for the Toyota RAV4EV and others as well... Apparently manufacturers don't want to spend a lot of money on cars that sell in small numbers... I agree that it is crazy and stupid.

Jylkat said:
If you take a look at MB's German website the Electric Drive is shown in the old look. So apparently it will not get the benefit of the 2015 facelift. So the moden version of the car with electric drive is stuck with the old look? How crazy is that?

Back