B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Charge Timer On Board?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm 

Sure, the Blink would be compatible with the M3, using the adapter, but the Tesla HPWC is more convenient and already available. Plus, Blink derated their EVSE electronically after reports of connection problems from some users. I inspected the connections on mine, and they show no signs of thermal or other distress. Still, I prefer to use as much capacity as possible to optimize utilization of super off-peak rates. If anyone wants this Blink unit, I just took it off the garage wall today. It spent its entire service life inside, so the display is perfect. All hardware and parts included. Price negotiable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am 

GlennD wrote:
JeffRay wrote:
Plugzin,

If you are getting the T3, please let us know what you think since you will have a direct comparison to the MB Be.

Thanks.

I have a T3 reservation but it is likely that I will pass. They have a T3 in Newport Beach to sit in but I am guessing it sits too low for me. Given my wants and the slipping schedule I would guess late 2019. All of the current cars are loaded and the only option I want is the color.

Glenn,

My research validates your concern about the Model 3's ground clearance. In fact, the Model 3 has been suggested as a competitor to the MB C-Class, a model I owned previously and found delightful to drive but difficult to enter and exit.

Here are some ground clearance comparisons:

MB C-Class ('12 model year): 4"
Tesla Model 3: 5.5" (source: https://electrek.co/2017/07/29/tesla-mo ... -revealed/)
MB B-Class: 7.48"

Best.

Last edited by mr250e on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm 

Most of your links do not work. I had trouble getting into and out of my M300 loaner and I hit my head on the GLC300 loaner. If the 3 is similar than I will pass. The loaner car worked since it was temporary. I can put up with a lot for a free car. The first month I had a Hertz Versa Note. Boy it was noisy but I had no problems getting into it. My B took 2 months for the parts to arrive from Germany . Even at $18 per day I used up my $600 in a month. Then the dealer gave me a service loaner

I traded in my eGolf because it was too low for my left hip. The B250e is perfect for my 70 year old body. I have no problem getting into the car and it has good headroom. In short the car works for me and I love it!

Only the middle link worked for me.

I am back to another 2017 Cirrus White B250e
Blind Spot Assist, Performance 3 and Sahara Beige interier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:31 pm 

My dentist has a friend that changed to an upgraded 3 to avoid the several year wait. Given that my dentist lives in Newport Beach I suspect the friend can afford for the upgrades.

Me, I had 14 months left on my 2014 B lease and 9800 miles on the totaled car. As a retired person I no longer drive 41 miles round trip to work. As such the B range works for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:13 pm 

GlennD wrote:
Most of your links do not work. I had trouble getting into and out of my M300 loaner and I hit my head on the GLC300 loaner. If the 3 is similar than I will pass. The loaner car worked since it was temporary. I can put up with a lot for a free car. The first month I had a Hertz Versa Note. Boy it was noisy but I had no problems getting into it. My B took 2 months for the parts to arrive from Germany . Even at $18 per day I used up my $600 in a month. Then the dealer gave me a service loaner

I traded in my eGolf because it was too low for my left hip. The B250e is perfect for my 70 year old body. I have no problem getting into the car and it has good headroom. In short the car works for me and I love it!

Only the middle link worked for me.

Sorry about the defunct links. They were working earlier. If you Google the year, make, model, and the term "ground clearance", you can confirm the information I posted above.

I agree with you on both the B-Class and Model 3!

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 pm 

Well, You have done the research and I will take your word for it. I was torn about the 3 given its very poor quality reports. I do not think I could go to a lesser quality car..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

Agreed. I actually reserved the Model 3 as well. However, after watching several Youtube reviews when the 3 was released, considering the fit and finish (which I perceived as a huge step down), and lower profile (which I already know I don't like from my past experience with my C-Class), I cancelled my reservation. Hopefully we'll see something in the MB or Audi lineup with greater range in the near future. I was even thinking if the Q3 or Q5 was offered in an EV version with 200-300 mile-range, that might be something to consider down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:14 pm 

I have not yet cancelled my reservation. I can easily live with a 1K loss. Who knows, maybe they will be successful. If they go out of business and I lose my deposit than such is life.