Sunglass holder

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize by Mercedes standards my income is low but I am single with no townhouse payment and no credit card debt. I could never buy an "S" but I think I will live.I could afford a Tesla P75 but the car is just too big and I do not need the range.

Glenn D et al,

I noticed there is an aftermarket for door armrest storage box. Has anyone found one that fits our B250e? Was thinking it might be a place to put sun glasses, keys, gloves instead of center console or side bottom slots. The other option is something that attaches to the sun visor.

Thanks all.

JeffRay said:
Glenn D et al,

I noticed there is an aftermarket for door armrest storage box. Has anyone found one that fits our B250e? Was thinking it might be a place to put sun glasses, keys, gloves instead of center console or side bottom slots. The other option is something that attaches to the sun visor.

Thanks all.

Hello Jeff, did you find one?
I tried the one that fits in place of the "panic" handle, but it was too small for my glasses.

in2insight said:
JeffRay said:
Glenn D et al,

Thanks all.

Hello Jeff, did you find one?
I tried the one that fits in place of the "panic" handle, but it was too small for my glasses.

The one I had looked to be well built but with no paperwork I sent it back. With the discussions here I think it might have fit the pull. In any event I am very happy with my 2016 CLA overhead console. It fits fine and it has the same revision codes.

There are cheaper consoles on eBay but they have earlier codes. My total investment was just over 100 vs $20 for the device I sent back. Maybe the codes do not matter but I went the safe route. The nice thing is that the consoles for sale have photos so you can see the revisions.

GlennD et al.,

I am standing down from the sunglass holder chase. Looking at my new 2017 door handles, first, I noticed they did not strike me as the same shape as the online fitted holders for the C-Class. Second, there are little LED lights so you can spot the handle in the dark. For me, it is not worth ordering and returning a misfit part. Also, there is a generous holder at the bottom of the doors to put glasses in a case or sleeve. Also, of course the glove compartment which isn't used for anything, sort of like an old fashioned "junk" drawer.

Looking on eBay it looks like the CLA overhead console has been redesigned to no longer have the sunglass holder and since the B console comes from the CLA that explains the lack.

I am very happy with the 2005 console that I installed.

My C300 service loaner did have a sunglass holder. If Knew it would be over be a month I would have used it. I am just glad the dealer stepped up after I used up the $600 insurance rental amount. Even at $18.40 a day it does not last forever.

I spent $70 in gas total for both cars. My 2 month utility bill was down $100. At current gas prices it costs more for an EV in electricity. The luxury features make the small difference worth it. I want gas up at $5 again so I can sneer at drivers.

Update: I found four places to put my sunglasses. The latest was to put them upside down on the rear view mirror. Of course, there is the side door, the glove compartment, the unused ashtray and the compartment between the seats (I put water in there too).

I actually occasionally use the handle to help me get out if I am in a tight parking spot.

I think the $100 I spent on a new console was a good investment. I will also put in the hood strut when it arrives. Hanging glasses from the mirror strikes me as tacky.

Even though it is leased I am willing to purchase small things. My Leaf was leased but I put in after market Infinity speakers to improve the sound. The Harmon Karden system sounds good to me. Yes I know some people do not want to spend money on a leased car but it is mine for three years. I will probably leave the changes but I could remove them and sell them on eBay.

I sort of think no one sees the sunglasses as they are dark and out of sightlines. Could be wrong. As I am not equipped to do what you did, my choices were limited. Sort of like wearing sunglasses on top of your head, which I do now, but always thought kind of brash.

GlennD, thanks for taking care of the spam. Thankless job.

JeffRay said:
I
GlennD, thanks for taking care of the spam. Thankless job.

I do not like reading it too so I am glad I can delete it, At least most of it is in the off topic area.

I guess the difference is family. I have a lot of income that has no home. I could easily afford a Tesla S but it does not fit my body. I am afraid of the X's rear doors. The B fits and the range is fine for me.

Back