Free charging

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

So as is my habit every couple of weeks, sitting at my MB dealers lounge, working on their very nice Mac, having my complimentary breakfast. The car is off being washed and charged. I plan to make my calls from the lounge (headset so as to not disturb others). If I did have to go somewhere for a lunch say, I can hop onto their shuttle into midtown but I would have to find my way back. Now that it has finally crested 60 degrees, walking is not so bad.

Wonder how long this free amenity for electric owners will last when there are more MB to be charged? No charge for charging, wash, parking and workstation. Hm.

Many dealers offer free L2 charging. At the dealer I purchased my Leaf at there was an Aeroenvirememt open EVSE. For me it is more convenient to pay the money and charge at home. Both Mercedes dealers I have delft with have had free 30A at 208VAC EVSE'S. A true electric Mercedes is a rare thing. I think Mercedes required selling dealers to offer EVSE'S. In any event I am not willing to drive 9 miles to Anaheim Mercedes to save a few cents. Maybe if it was across the street I would be motivated but not 9 miles.

All of the dealers are not local. Long Beach Mercedes is over 20 miles. The Nissan dealer is around 6 miles, and the VW ( now Kia) is around 7 miles. Free is not worth it to me.

One thing about being retired is that I have time to wash my own car. Sure I could take it to Mercedes for a free wash but you still have to tip the wash people.
When the cost of a wash with tip exceeded $10 I decided to do it myself. Besides that way I spot any door dings.

Back