Bye B Class, Hello Smart

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Turned the B class in two months early and jumped on one of the Smart deal. One of the reason I did it was because I can waive the $595 return fee on the B and my tires are at exactly 3/32nd, there is no way they can make it till June 30th without needing to be replaced. Since the C350e sucked, the Smart is the only thing in the MB family that I can get. I have only done 50 miles on it, but so far so good. It's just a basic transportation that cost me nothing and I don't hate driving it like a compact. I think with the right expectation set, I am happy.

Sad to see the B go, it was a reliable car for us. We enjoy having it much and would recommend it. I did buy the fully loaded one for my wife, but she ended up not using many of the tech features as they all sucked (the dvd, the self parking, the parking sensors, the enhanced nav). The only thing my wife is going to miss is the keyless entry as the smart doesn't come with a Smart key or mobile app.

Cossie,

Yes, I remember when you leased and surprised you other half. Glad you got to enjoy it for a few months. You must have driven it a bit as your tires wore down.

Did you get the electric with 58 mile range? That seems fine for local commuting if you have a charger at home.

JeffRay said:
Cossie,

Yes, I remember when you leased and surprised you other half. Glad you got to enjoy it for a few months. You must have driven it a bit as your tires wore down.

Did you get the electric with 58 mile range? That seems fine for local commuting if you have a charger at home.

No, I actually had it for 34 months. The car was solid transportation for us, but with the Tesla and the RAV4 EV, the B class was mainly use for commute. It simply wasn't so nice that I have to spend the money on it. I think I will end up saving $300 a month swapping the two cars, that's how big the price difference is.

Yes I did drive it pretty hard, they were down to 3/32nd at 30K miles :)

All Smart are electric now. I drove 60 miles home yesterday. I did 45 of them at 68mph with AC on (it was 70F). I did 10 at 63mph and 5mph at local road speed. I made it home with 1% remaining. Below 50mph, the car honestly doesn't feel any different than a small compact, especially looking through the front. You really notice the length only when you look out back. The car is not fast, but the EV doesn't make it dangerously slow either. I was able to climb the steep hills in SF with no big issue. I honestly enjoy driving it more than the 1.5L turbo Cruze I had, I at least don't have to wait for the transmission to drop couple gears to get any power out of it. As much as I love the Tesla, the size of the car can sometimes feel like the hassle. A quick drive in the Smart just put a smile on my face as it is so little. Also the way it can turn is just hilarious.

Back