Do American B-Class ED have these features?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at used B class EV’s, for a 65 mile round trip commute in central Florida and have a few questions I can’t find answers to.

I understand all the B class ED’s in the USA have radar cruise control standard. My question is will it bring the car to a full stop if the car in front stops, and then allow me to resume by tapping the accelerator or maybe the cruise stalk? This would make stop and go traffic much easier to deal with.

Which model years and/or option packages have lane departure warning, and will it correct my vehicles position in the lane? My wife has a 2017 Toyota RAV4 that sounds a warning and gently steers the vehicle away from the edge of the lane. I know some Mercedes have a similar feature.

Will blind spot assist steer the b class back toward the center of the lane if a vehicle is detected?
These things, plus the autonomous forward collision prevention system would make commuting much easier.

Sorry if these are basic questions, I’m new to Mercedes-Benz, and ready to get out of my 2010 Prius, as the motor has started burning oil.

Radar toward assist and they come with the range extender package (2015 and later). Cruse control is the old fashioned way. Paddles and back up cameras are options. My car has blind spot detection and performance 3. The basic car lacks that.

That’s disappointing, the i3 with driver assist package has the stop and go cruise.

I see a lot of 2014 B-Class between 14k and 20k. Great prices, but the warranty is either expired or very close to expiring.

Does Mercedes-Benz offer a used car extended warranty like Toyota did for the RAV4 EV?

Jason,

The fully loaded B250e has a lot to offer so recommend you go see one to see if it fits your eye. Since you would be buying used, the warranty is important to cover things like battery and motor. There are lease deals now that would drive the cost of ownership down to say $3.6 to 4K per year if you can find a fully loaded one. It won't have the exact features you asked about but radar assisted braking does work but no lane correction. For a daily commute car which I use mine for, I reupped and leased a basic one. Will look for a fully loaded electric in late 2019.

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I definitely like the car, it’s just a matter of finding one with the features I want at a price I can stomach.

I’ve put 93,000 miles on my Prius since getting it four years ago, and project doing nearly the same over the next four years.

Ideally i’d get a loaded 2016 coming off lease next year, as that is the year Apple CarPlay support was added to the COMAND system, if the buyer opted for that.

2014’s are being listed between 16k-20k but I’m leery of buying one of these without warranty.

I purchased a 2014 with range assist. It was the only one at Long Beach Mercedes with that option. It was fairly loaded. It did not have paddles or automatic parking. I do not think blind spot was available.

I like my 2017 but they really cheapened up the interior. I fixed the missing sungless holder with a upper console from eBay and the other things like the missing nets and rear seat trays do not matter to me.

So did the radar based regenerative braking cruise control on the b class electric replace the radar based distronic cruise that is common on other Mercedes models?

The cruse control is not radar based. My current car has paddles and usually I select D- for max regen. I do not like D auto which is supposed to be radar based. Without the paddles it is just D. It defaults to Dauto so I just push the left paddle once.

Back