B-class tail light replacement

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akakak

Hi,
I have a 2014 B-class electric and it needs a left tail light. I was able to open the access panel and get the old one out, but getting the new one in place is a chore. My hands are not small enough or I'm doing something wrong?
The module that holds the bulb only seems to slide back a couple of inches - just enough to let the bulb clear the whole where it goes into the tail light. The bottom of the module assembly seems to be on some metal rail? It would be helpful if the module would completely disengage so that it was able to turn and get some leverage when putting the new bulb into the socket. I have attempted to bend the module down and back to allow to get the new bulb into place, but I wasn't able to line up the posts and get it seated properly.
I'm writing this all out to ask if anyone else has a better way to change the bulb? I really hope that I'm missing something that will make it much easier...
Thanks!

I tried and dropped the new bulb down into the light. Took it to my dealer and they replaced it for free.

Just an FYI.. these two posts were not helpful lol.

I got a message on the dash yesterday to check the right rear brake light and right rear turn signal.

I was able to get the holder out and replaced the bulbs.. but the message won't go away.

Does anyone know if I have to put the bulb holder back in for the message to go away?

Well I have figured out from other postings and first hand experience that LED bulbs (at least not the ones I had bought) will not work in the 2014 B-ED. I also learned that the turn signal/brake light burned out but the back up (white) light bulb had not and switching it with the burned out bulb made the message go away and my turn signal/brake light works again.

I have since ordered 2 more replacement bulbs to keep on hand, total cost for the bulbs is about $3 USD.

Back