Mile Meter vs Miles

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KazeGo

Hello.
I've read that multiple things come into play when watching the battery mile meter (weather, driving style, hills, Hvac) What's deemed "normal"?
I drove a used base,24k on it, started with 63 miles on the gauge. Total of about 8 miles, AC on and highway driving included. Got back to the dealership, the gauge said 61.
Test drove a loaded model, 21k on it. 24 miles on the gauge, 5 miles, no highway driving, two "boost" thrusts with the AC set to low and when we returned the gauge was at 19.

Does that sound about right?

Ah, the GOM, aka the Guess o Meter. Actually it works like the Range estimator in gas powered cars. Software wise, it is programmed to calculate range based on remaining charge and the mKwH experienced in the most recent history. In the case of what you described, the GOM calculated based on lots of driving inside the lot or short test drives around the block or so, the least range friendly form of driving any car. You stated you went on the highway, well like a gas car, your range improves with such a driving profile.

I keep it in mind when I get into the car and it says 10 miles. If I know I am taking the highway and my most recent experience was urban getabout, then I know I can safely go 10 miles and have some juice left. If however, I have to take local streets and my most recent driving was on the highway, then like the other night, off to the parking garage for an overnight charge.

You can use the GOM but with experience, you will be able to adjust up or down mentally.

Back