Battery Warranty on Used Cars

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KazeGo

Group,

Can someone explain how the EV battery warranty “works”? Is it once the original manufacturers warranty has expired will the warrantee for the hybrid battery continue at that point?

What I’ve found online for the B Class, 8/100000 miles.

Would that be correct?

It is 8yr/100K, however, the warranty states that each year the battery has to be tested. This basically means MB will back the battery after the 4yr/50k warranty only if you bring the car in annually so they can track the status of the battery.

The battery warranty is only for faults. It does not cover capacity degradation. if your battery totally dies then you are covered. You can expect 5-10% degradation per year.

Tesla batteries do not degrade at 5-10%/year.
All there data show a degradation only 10% after 150,000 miles!!!
Tesla is the leader in battery management and cooling.
The Nissan Lief on the other hand can and has degraded much more than that in one year do to lack of a cooling system etc.

Hi. I'm new here. I'm on the brink of buying a used 2014 B class and have this same question. The dealer -- it's not an MB dealer -- mentioned an 8 year/ 100k Mike warranty on the battery, which set me at ease tremendously. But when I called MB customer service to confirm and provided the VIN the rep said she couldn't find any warranty other than the standard 4 year/40k mile warranty that covers the entire vehicle.

Can you direct me to where this extended warranty is explained in writing? Or provide any other info so I can know whether this warranty applies to the car I'm buying?

Thanks!
Dan

Back