Just got my Fleetcarma OBD II device

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

Got an email from my local power provider, Con Edison, or someone, I forget. They are partnering with Fleetcarma to encourage charging of electric cars in off-peak times. To do so, I get to plug in a small device into my OBD II port. They it sends charging and other useful info to Fleetcarma. Yep, there is an app. Google it if you want to know if they cover your area.

The best part is even if I don't charge on off-peak times, I get $5 per month in rewards. If I do say charge overnight at a commercial facility, I could earn another $20 per month.

You all who live in a home with a garage and off-peak rates already have this figured out. For me, in urban NYC, this is the only way to get a break on charging rates. Other than free charging at dealer, at work, and at the local Whole Foods.

Oh I forgot the best part, a $150 signup gift card.

Having said that, I got a message to effect, "Limited Mercedes Me connectivity". My app works so not sure what this means.

Back