apps

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 688

The Mercedes App for Android rarely worked, so I was thrilled when EVAccess became available, which was superior in every way. then EVaccess stopped working and has been pulled from the market. MB's app still does not work (hangs at login screen). Is there any relief in sight? With winter looming, I am going to miss being able to precondition the car while on shore power.

SHF,

My EVAccess app on my Android still works. Peered at it today while charging for free at my local Whole Foods. It has been spotty in terms of updated promptly from time to time but not today. It hummed. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it?

no longer an option. the app has been dropped from the store

JeffRay said:
SHF,

My EVAccess app on my Android still works. Peered at it today while charging for free at my local Whole Foods. It has been spotty in terms of updated promptly from time to time but not today. It hummed. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it?

shf,

Try pm jwarcd and see if he can send you link to app. He is the developer who may no longer be supporting the app given limited usage.

SHF,

Last year, MB updated its program so our friendly EVAccess developer for Android updated his program. It does require you to get a copy of the new EVA program, delete old EVA program, login into MB program to test ID and password, install updated EVAccess program, and then login. It should work then and you will be able to do what you were able to do in the past.

Today, as it was 39 degrees out, I turned on climate control remotely and got into a warmed up car. I was not plugged in so it cost me 3 percent of my charge. C'est la vie.

ha.. right after I posted my response here I changed to a new phone and couldn't find the EV Access app anymore - bummer. But today it was back in Google Play and I'm back in business! This app is so much easier to use than the MB app.

Regarding VVC acquisition for anyone in the Portland, OR area, I tried to enlist Mercedes of Wilsonville's help. I would say they were worthless, but they were worse than that as they assured me over the phone that they could help, before I made the 40 minute drive in. Sat around with the "product concierge" while he tried to figure out what a VVC was (despite me telling him in detail), then I finally convinced him to talk to the Sales Manager (he was literally afraid to bring it to him), and he was clueless and disinterested.
I called MBUSA's 800 number, and they reached out to Wilsonville to prod them on my behalf, assuring me I would get a call. No call, of course.
I called MBUSA again, and this time they called Mercedes of Portland, who were excellent. They emailed my VVC within about 5 minutes.

So, FWIW, Portland MB seems to actually KNOW about their products and CARE about their rep. and customers.

Zach,

Welcome. Did you happen to purchase yours used via a Craigs List ad? If so, from a former forum member.

At any rate, now you know which dealer to go to locally but do check the forum first as there are so few of these and the dealers are largely clueless.

Enjoy the ride.

ZachB said:
Regarding VVC acquisition for anyone in the Portland, OR area, I tried to enlist Mercedes of Wilsonville's help. I would say they were worthless, but they were worse than that as they assured me over the phone that they could help, before I made the 40 minute drive in. Sat around with the "product concierge" while he tried to figure out what a VVC was (despite me telling him in detail), then I finally convinced him to talk to the Sales Manager (he was literally afraid to bring it to him), and he was clueless and disinterested.
I called MBUSA's 800 number, and they reached out to Wilsonville to prod them on my behalf, assuring me I would get a call. No call, of course.
I called MBUSA again, and this time they called Mercedes of Portland, who were excellent. They emailed my VVC within about 5 minutes.

So, FWIW, Portland MB seems to actually KNOW about their products and CARE about their rep. and customers.

Did you have to pay for the VVC?

You need the VVC to even access the MB app. Don't let them upsell you to a subscription to get the VVC. They have to give it to you but sometimes the local MB salesperson will not know how to do without escalating past the sales manager to MB central.

I just bought a 2014 B-class ED used and managed to get my local dealer to provide me with a VVC which I thought was all I needed to get the My B-class (Mercedes Electric) web app up and running.

That wasn't enough though. I can log into the app and see my vehicle as registered, but no information is posted. It says my vehicle has never been sync'd. I called Mercedes and they told me I needed full mbrace membership (at some ungodly price per month) to see my car's information. I'm only really looking to monitor the charge of the car without actually having to go out and turn it on so that isn't worth it for me. Is there another way? What is this EV access app? Thanks. I'm in the US (Hawaii) if that matters.

IslandRob,

Welcome, this car should be perfect for warm climate and the limited range should not be an issue for you.

The dealer would not really know which is not unusual. They usually have to escalate to someone in MB NJ. The MB App is separate from MBrace. I don't subscribe, never have.

It has to sync to show any info. The prior owners info would not show up. Try logging in again. The cellular system in the car should work even if you don't subscribe to MBrace.

The EVAccess app is more user friendly but also has limited functionality. It may not be in play store anymore so try pmessaging jwarcd as he developed it. You might also ask him your sync question.

ChargePoint is a commercial charging operation on the mainland in the east. I usually use their app instead of EVAccess.

If you get a home charger, it may also come with an app. You could get by with a regular 110v outlet every night depending on your daily usage.

I'm in the same boat as islandrob. Any help is appreciated.

Rob, I think unlocking the car can (if you configure the settings) turn the climate controls on which is mostly what I want to do, but I would love to see charging status and be able to condition my car without unlocking it too...

Phil in CA

pluckebaum,

Escalate. Most dealers and service advisors have not a clue and will recite what is the norm for gas cars. Ours is different.

JeffRay said:
pluckebaum,

Escalate. Most dealers and service advisors have not a clue and will recite what is the norm for gas cars. Ours is different.

Do we have to pay for mbrace? See their reply below.

Dear Mr. Pluckebaum:

Thank you for your email.

For B-Electric Vehicle Homepage functionality, an active mbrace subscription is required.

Mbrace can be reached at (866)990-9007.

Sincerely,

Robert
Mercedes-Benz USA

That sounds like the usual suspect response. The VWC comes with every Mercedes. You might call the number provided and ask to speak to a supervisor when you get the usual suspect response. With new cars, less of an issue as free for 6 months for MBrace. Maybe you just have to register as yours is a used car so they have to switch out the old owner. If this is so, it is part of their marketing to lure you into a paying subscription.

I would suggest you peruse this forum searching for VWC or whatever as people have had to push the sales manager or dealer manager to get from Mercedes central. That is what my salesperson had to do and he works at one of the Mercedes owned dealers in NY.

You could always pay for MBrace and then cancel after you get your VWC number? Just a thought.

Back