B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: apps
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:59 pm 

ZachB wrote:
Regarding VVC acquisition for anyone in the Portland, OR area, I tried to enlist Mercedes of Wilsonville's help. I would say they were worthless, but they were worse than that as they assured me over the phone that they could help, before I made the 40 minute drive in. Sat around with the "product concierge" while he tried to figure out what a VVC was (despite me telling him in detail), then I finally convinced him to talk to the Sales Manager (he was literally afraid to bring it to him), and he was clueless and disinterested.
I called MBUSA's 800 number, and they reached out to Wilsonville to prod them on my behalf, assuring me I would get a call. No call, of course.
I called MBUSA again, and this time they called Mercedes of Portland, who were excellent. They emailed my VVC within about 5 minutes.

So, FWIW, Portland MB seems to actually KNOW about their products and CARE about their rep. and customers.

Did you have to pay for the VVC?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:35 pm 

You need the VVC to even access the MB app. Don't let them upsell you to a subscription to get the VVC. They have to give it to you but sometimes the local MB salesperson will not know how to do without escalating past the sales manager to MB central.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 pm 

I just bought a 2014 B-class ED used and managed to get my local dealer to provide me with a VVC which I thought was all I needed to get the My B-class (Mercedes Electric) web app up and running.

That wasn't enough though. I can log into the app and see my vehicle as registered, but no information is posted. It says my vehicle has never been sync'd. I called Mercedes and they told me I needed full mbrace membership (at some ungodly price per month) to see my car's information. I'm only really looking to monitor the charge of the car without actually having to go out and turn it on so that isn't worth it for me. Is there another way? What is this EV access app? Thanks. I'm in the US (Hawaii) if that matters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm 

IslandRob,

Welcome, this car should be perfect for warm climate and the limited range should not be an issue for you.

The dealer would not really know which is not unusual. They usually have to escalate to someone in MB NJ. The MB App is separate from MBrace. I don't subscribe, never have.

It has to sync to show any info. The prior owners info would not show up. Try logging in again. The cellular system in the car should work even if you don't subscribe to MBrace.

The EVAccess app is more user friendly but also has limited functionality. It may not be in play store anymore so try pmessaging jwarcd as he developed it. You might also ask him your sync question.

ChargePoint is a commercial charging operation on the mainland in the east. I usually use their app instead of EVAccess.

If you get a home charger, it may also come with an app. You could get by with a regular 110v outlet every night depending on your daily usage.