Benzy

Second Owner Warranty Policy

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 pm

I am about to buy a used 2014 B-Class EV, I will be the second owner and the car only has about 17K mileage. Will Mercedes-Benz company give me the warranty on battery up to 100K or 8 years. Plus, no-cost maintenance and roadside assistance like the new first owner? My next question is would it cost me anything to apply for a new VVC code?

I am living in Texas, USA, thanks.

JeffRay

Re: Second Owner Warranty Policy

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am

Benzy,

You should confirm with MB about inheriting the warranty. Per another prospective buyer of a used 2014, he took the car into the local dealer, the tech there could find no record of the annual maintenance being done, so battery warranty was voided.

No chance to port over free maintenance as these were not uniformly offered, IMHO.

As to VVC code, it is not supposed to cost anything but members have run into an attempt by MB dealers to force you to subscribe to Mbrace in order to get. Not true for me for 2014 and 2017 so you should get VVC for free by standing your ground.

By the way, as with all things TX, there may be some regulations that make things different in TX as it relates to autos.
Jeff in NYC
MB '17 B250e; MB '06 E500W; MB '81 380SL

Return to “Buying/Leasing the B-Class Electric Drive”