Consumption display questions

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

I have a 2014 B-class and I'm beginning to think it must be *early* 2014 since the 2014 Operator's Manual I got on eBay does not match exactly what I'm seeing in the car.

In particular, there is this mysterious graph. I can't make head nor tails of it! I appear to be getting as much as 40 MPG!?

consumption.jpg

How did you get to that screen? I have a 2014 and have never seen that screen before.

BTW, you can use this site https://www.datamb.com/ to get full details on your car including when it was built, etc..

Hmm, maybe I have a real early one. The menu with the clock has only this an alternative display.

The car was released on 2014-07-30 according to that website.

Another feature I've only seen on Youtube is the ability to configure the color of the "mood" lights. I don't have any such option on mine.

Charles.

Charles,

Well, unlike Tesla, MB cannot do a virtual software update but I don't see why your friendly MB dealer could not take care of that. BTW, be sure that your car received all the required safety updates to the software, battery check, diagnostics, etc. It would all be logged into the MB system when and if it was done.

I got my 2014 in November 2014 so it may have been made after yours but if it had this screen, I never saw it as I did not spend too much time playing with the COMAND unit.

I think the color interior lighting was an option.. I only have ambient lighting not color ambient lighting in mine.

Ah HallCP,

When looking for max charge option, I did indeed run into this graph on my 2017 leased car. I had trouble figuring it out too but I believe above the line attempts to graph your recent driving efficiency while the green below the line is showing when you recovered energy. Mine was more flat as I mainly do urban stop and go driving.

So a time based representation of our driving vs. the aggregate summary available on the dash with trip and total efficiency or on the spot with the right side dial.

Back