Brake light activation during 1 pedal driving?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazeivan

I do the vast majority of my driving in D- mode using the left paddle shifter so that I can do 1 pedal driving. I was wondering if anyone knows if the brake lights are lit when you take your foot off the accelerator and the car is braking regeneratively? If so, does anyone know at what speeds the brake lights are lit (e.g. brake lights are on at 65mph but not at 25mph) when your foot is off the accelerator?

I am looking for a general idea but if anyone knows of a video like the following that would be even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXJPf7Lv8Sw

Thank you!

Can confirm that the brake lights are NOT lit by regeneration in D- at any speed. Source: my wife, driving behind me on city roads and highway roads, when I asked her to check specifically for this. I drive in D- at all times, and I do wish it was a bit more aggressive for true one-pedal driving.

That is very sad. Looks like I'm going to have to get in the habit of feathering the brakes then. RIP 1 pedal.

I will say that compared to other EVs which do illuminate the taillights when using aggressive regenerative braking (e.g. Tesla, BMW i3), the regen on the B-class, even in D-, is no where near aggressive enough to be considered one pedal driving. So I’m actually kind of glad the brakes don’t light up because it would constantly be fooling people behind me. I think of the slowing I get out of regen in D- as more akin to the slowing I used to get out of downshifting and engine braking with a manual transmission, rather than braking.

Back