MBrace

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 688

I got notified last month that my free trial subscription to MBrace was about to expire. I called the office and asked for the cheapest plan I could get. They found an EV_only subscription for about $120/year. The next day, they called to say the MB was no longer offering this plan and I had to get one that cost $270/year. I don't use MBrace for anything, so I dropped it entirely.

Does this mean that the EVAccess app will stop working?

SHF,

I can only guess that at some point, both MB me and the EVAccess app will not be able to get info from the car. It may take a while for the end of MBrace to make its way over to the MB me folks so I would say lets see what happens.

I only use EVAccess to turn on the climate control at a set time which can be done in car the night before. When charging, I use it to monitor progress but can also rely on the ChargePoint or Blink app for that. At a private charger, out of luck, and I have in the past noted that someone unplugged me and called the garage to please plug mine back in.

I agree, not paying $270 per year.

Is the EvAccess app still working? I'm looking to pick up a cheap android device to be able to use the app. I don't want to waste my time if it is no longer working.
thanks
Arthur

Arthur,

Mine still works, yes, on Android. If I remember correctly, you have to have a MB Me account which requires an MBrace account so this is not a good workaround. See the requirements on the EVAccess app page.

Back