Next EV?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rrattie said:
Mine was just under $20k with taxes and tags and it's basically brand new. I love this car.

Yeah, good deal. That's SO much car for the money. I think I paid about $23,000 for mine back in 2016. With a Tesla battery and Model S motor, the B250e is still, hands down, the best overall value in a used EV around. After driving mine for nearly 40,000 miles, and other than wishing for a few more miles of range, I have no buyer's remorse. It's just a great car, that will keep paying for itself in gasoline savings the longer I keep driving it. I like the car so much, I've considered combing auto wrecker's for a deal on a newer main traction battery.

Well I looked at a Hydundia IonIq And I purchased (leased) it so I will not be around here much.

I have a problem looking at cars but it has more range and it is filled with high tech toys. Unlike the VW I fit in to it just fine.

Now I need to transfer my ham radio, Oh well, A project.

Glenn,

We will miss your posts sir. Before you sign off, let the rest of us know what you think of the new electric as it is an option for all of us.

So far I like it a lot' It is filled with Bells and Whistles and of course it has double range. The car has Infinity sound VS Harmon Karden but it sounds good to me At 155 miles I am just getting used to it.

Jaguar I-Pace. I realized that they are now in the showroom and not exactly flying out the door is my impression. I went into the Jaguar dealer which was across the street from the MB dealer where my B250e was charging up.

First impressions. Of course, a fancier car but a fancy price too. I spec'd out an S version online with just a few options and it came to $75K. The First Edition had a MSRP of $89K. The list of options is very long and most of the stuff I would not use. So I added heated front and rear seats, the HUD for fun, the tailgate button and rear camera, blind spot warning but skipped all of the adaptive driving stuff. 5 year warranty on motor, 8 years or 100K miles for battery. Extended warranty can be purchased.

Space wise, as a sporty SUV, it has good legroom, maybe a bit less than our B250e but by no means tight. Headroom in ours is noticably better than in the I-Pace but it was not an issue for me to sit in the rear seats. The trunk is deeper than ours but shorter. The frunk fit by soft briefcase but not a lot more.

No question, this car has all the luxury features if you crave that vs. the minimalist Tesla or BMW i3.

Going to arrange a test drive. Likely will wait till I can compare the EQC with this as my lease does not end till November. Oh, I did speak to a MB salesperson who had no information about the EQC in terms of delivery, price, taking orders, etc. Very surprising.

Like Glenn, I am going to look at the Kia or Hyundai next.

I keep seeing Tesla 3 on the road, and now that the base model is around the corner, giving it some thought.
What is holding me back is how much I am loving the higher seating in the B and worried I'll miss it.

A few things holding me back.

1. My lease is not up until November so I can watch and wait.

2. Concerns about fit and finish and where one does the occasional repair.

3. What if Tesla implodes? Less concerned about that because the motor and battery has probably worked out the bugs.

4. I would like to see the MB EQC even though it will be pricey.

For those of you not living in the Tesla bubble... the new Model Y will be unveiled Thursday, March 14th. It's intended to be along the lines of our B-Class, smaller than S or X, taller than S and 3. Don't expect to have one in your hands for a couple more years, but promised pricing puts it around $40k.

I can't wait to see how it compares to our B's.

I got a call about the 35K model 3. Too late, so far I love my IoniQ EV. Compared to the B it is filled with options. The Limited seems to have all of the bells and whistles.

The relativity short range does not bother me. The B's range was fine. It is twice the B.

Glenn D,

Ionic rated at 124 mi range, correct? For your daily use and garage charging, sounds perfect.

The EPA ratings are 150 City and 122 Highway. The combined mileage is 136 Miles vs 84 for the B.

I did find out Huyndai is really serious about safety.

I drove off without the seat belt fastened. The car beeped at me until I fixed the problem. The B just lights the dash occasionally. My passenger did not belt up and I noticed the B's behavior.

Hey all,

I am officially out of the market for a new electric this year. "What a stupid I am," as said by one Roberto De Vicenzo in 1968.

I went to MBFS to see my buyout number thinking my lease ended in November 2019. Well what do you know, I have the B250e till November 2020. Maybe I actually thought about bridging to new electrics correctly after all. All is not lost.

GlennD said:
The IoniQ EV forum is even deader than this one!

Well, electric cars aren't supposed to be all that in need of attention lol.

JeffRay said:
Well what do you know, I have the B250e till November 2020.

That's great news! You'll be in the market for a new EV around the time all the manufacturers seem to be scheduled to be bringing out new models (at least that's what they say).

JeffRay said:
Hey all,

I am officially out of the market for a new electric this year. "What a stupid I am," as said by one Roberto De Vicenzo in 1968.

I went to MBFS to see my buyout number thinking my lease ended in November 2019. Well what do you know, I have the B250e till November 2020. Maybe I actually thought about bridging to new electrics correctly after all. All is not lost.

I had a year and a half left. My payment is similar to the old one . Mercedes took the car back with no reconditioning fee. I had a high lease payment due to the VW.

Leaving a lease early just kills you. The leasing company wants the remaining payments. I guess I am a fool but I like all of the bells and whistles of the IoniQ.

Hey GlennD,

Trust you are enjoying your new wheels. I get it. If I was enthralled by the Jaguar I-Pace, I would have considered ending my lease early. I was always an early tech adopter. The buyout today was quoted at $30K (no thanks). I am guessing it might have included the remaining lease payments which total $7200 in my case.

That is great new, JeffRay. Indeed perfect timing.
Mine is coming up this Nov. as I had hoped that the M3 would be the next car. It sits too low for me. :(
Once / if inventory levels of the Kona EV even out, will test drive that one. Not willing to pay "ransom" for it.

As it gets closer to lease end, will see about an extension. Having read the posts here, I know it can be challenging, but know to go directly to MBF and not the dealer.

Drive on!

Back