My car is a DVD player?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

I was amazed to stumble across references to playing DVD's in my Owner's Manual. I thought surely that was something that applied to other models, not mine. But I finally went out and tried it and by golly it worked! It shows a picture while the car is parked, when it begins to move the picture blanks out but the sound continues.

You can even navigate the menus and pause/resume. I imagine we're at the end of an era for this feature. All newer cars that I've seen skip the CD/DVD slot in favor of a USB port.

merc-dvd.jpg

Charles,

Are you joking? I have driven one for 4+ years and never noticed. Away with family so will look when we get back next week. Yeah, guess my DVDs will be stored away like my VHS tapes and CDs.

Pretty funny.. I tested that out 2nd day I got mine. It said DVD in the manual.. so I gave it a shot. Played "The Big Lebowski" on it and was awestruck. Apparently you can enable it to keep playing when you drive.. but it's a engineering mode hack or something like that.

Back