152 miles service engine light came on

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomt said:
I am not going to order until QC is available, which is supposed to be next year...

roperld said:
It appears that BMW & Mercedes are using the 10 compliance states this year to work out the bugs in their BEVs before selling them in all 48 states next year. I hope Mercedes fixes all the bugs in the MBCED before I order one to replace my 2012 LEAF early next year.

So far, I haven't regretted yet and I'm aware what I'm getting into. I think we live close by, pm me if you want to check it out before you ready to order. I'll be happy to meet.

Wally said:
Good to know, what about the red triangle that sometimes pop up with no reason but disappear in a few seconds? anyone with the same issue?

Are you talking about the red triangle for the "distance warning" located directly above the "Display for the condition of charge of the high-voltage battery"? I've seen that pop-up once and disappeared when I was going down the hill on the freeway (405 S after Mulholland bridge) using D[Auto] mode and I was going to fast when suddenly the car in front of me slowed down quickly. I've never seen that anymore since I have been watching my distance when in D[Auto] mode.

soetomo said:
Wally said:
Good to know, what about the red triangle that sometimes pop up with no reason but disappear in a few seconds? anyone with the same issue?

Are you talking about the red triangle for the "distance warning" located directly above the "Display for the condition of charge of the high-voltage battery"? [Auto] mode.

ok, maybe was the distance warning...

Same thing happened to my B class, only I was luckier than you because my dealership in Walnut Creek was able to tell me within 24 hours that it was a software issue and that patch will be forthcoming. Be ready for the next error message you are going to get: "ESP Malfunction. ESP Inoperable. Visit Workshop." So...my car is back at the dealership for the 2nd time in less than one month of ownership. I am assuming they are going to end up telling me the same thing: software issue. I will report back. Good thing I have another car! But hey I do love this little car anyway!!! It's just adorable and practical. When you buy the first of its kind and you are one of the very first to own it, I guess you gotta expect some hiccups. In this day and age of consumers-as-beta-testers, that is just how it works now.

Wally said:
soetomo said:
Wally said:

Are you talking about the red triangle for the "distance warning" located directly above the "Display for the condition of charge of the high-voltage battery"? [Auto] mode.

ok, maybe was the distance warning...

YES, I believe so

Wally said:
Ha! That's your "collision prevention assist" system. Read the owner's manual for details. Glad it's working. :)

I got the "do not shift" warning once, rebooted the car and all is well. Dealer knows I want it fixed, but I like the car and I won't let MB buy it back from me, even if they offered.

baysal said:
I got the "do not shift" warning once, rebooted the car and all is well. Dealer knows I want it fixed, but I like the car and I won't let MB buy it back from me, even if they offered.

MB needs a car with Ctr+Alt+Del to reboot ;)

soetomo said:
baysal said:

MB needs a car with Ctr+Alt+Del to reboot ;)
:lol:

I also initially (within first few days) used to get this message. I had not reported to the dealer, but interestingly, now I am at ~500 miles and I haven't gotten this message in past week or so. (My wife mostly drives and I didn't receive any frantic call :D ).

I too had a couple hundred miles on the car when the errors started appearing.
Contacted MBUSA and they requested my VIN.
Next day dealership called me to say there's a s/w patch and need the car for a day.
I have yet to go in yet, but will soon.

I have been having the car for the past 3 weeks and I got the exact same message around 200 miles while I was parking. Since I read this post and it disappeared in 2 secs, I ignored it. When I told the MB technician, he said they have heard about it and that it is a software glitch and nothing to worry about it.

Yes, I agree completely that MB dealership is not ready for this vehicle in spite of the training they received. I am educating them more than they educating me on this vehicle.

As far as going to the dealer, just tell them to send a loaner with their driver...you do not have to drive to the dealership.

We bought the first B class form our dealership in San Diego...we are going through the pains of early adopters as first B class owners and first time EV owners.

I love the car & the ride!

Message never pop up again, car runs fine, will see how long it take to show message again, Love the car !

Exactly same problem happen to me one week after purchase "Service Required, do not change gears, visit the dealer"
I turn the key off and on again, message was gone, car work fine, nothing wrong. Thanks for posting updates here! BTW, I can actively call up the message by quickly accelerating--almost kick down. When I drive cautiously, slowly accelerating, it almost never pops up.

Has anybody received a software update? I mean, really updated, not just told that there will be an update?

CU
Heiko

I remember having something similar happen to me and I took it to my dealer and they did a firmware update and it was solved.

Sometimes the error message is not accurate. Error messages are often created for debugging purposes and sometimes a different bug in the software will break another part of the software, which then gives the error message. This happens all the time with Windows PC's - and thus many of the error messages are cryptic and not helpful at all.

slkjoy said:
I remember having something similar happen to me and I took it to my dealer and they did a firmware update and it was solved.

Sometimes the error message is not accurate. Error messages are often created for debugging purposes and sometimes a different bug in the software will break another part of the software, which then gives the error message. This happens all the time with Windows PC's - and thus many of the error messages are cryptic and not helpful at all.

This is off topic: slkjoy, where did you get your car!? That is a configuration that I am waiting for. I am told that is not available yet.

Anukumar14 said:
I have been having the car for the past 3 weeks and I got the exact same message around 200 miles while I was parking. Since I read this post and it disappeared in 2 secs, I ignored it. When I told the MB technician, he said they have heard about it and that it is a software glitch and nothing to worry about it.

Yes, I agree completely that MB dealership is not ready for this vehicle in spite of the training they received. I am educating them more than they educating me on this vehicle.

As far as going to the dealer, just tell them to send a loaner with their driver...you do not have to drive to the dealership.

We bought the first B class form our dealership in San Diego...we are going through the pains of early adopters as first B class owners and first time EV owners.

I love the car & the ride!
Which dealer did you buy from? They will send a driver to you with a loaner? That is some above par service.

I have about 300 miles in two weeks of ownership on mine. The only issue I have is a consistent 70 mile range problem.

Back