Malfunction visit workshop display message

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazeivan

This morning I had the "Malfunction visit workshop" message pop up and my heart stopped. I shut the car down and started it up 30 seconds later and there was no message. Has anyone else had this series of events before? I am really hoping it's not going to lead to drive unit replacement like I have seen on other posts here. In any case I will be looking for a MB dealer in the area that can look at it. Thank you.

Krazeivan,

Absolutely locate any nearby MB dealer in FL and go in to have them plug in the car and read the error codes. There is at least one technician at each MB dealer that is trained on our B250s. I suspect the warranty on your 2014 is over but the evaluation should not cost a lot.

It is hopefully a software gliche or bad sensor. These are easy and cheap fixes. I get error messages from time to time in my 2017 and a restart reboots everything to normal. Have them ensure that the latest software updates are installed, including the recall software upgrade back in the day. I forget when it was.

It is less likely but possible this is worse but let them figure it out. Despite the posts, it is rare for the Tesla motor to fail. You want to check this out because the car can shut itself down even if you are driving at speed as happened to one of our members. If your motor starts to whine, you have trouble. But again, with your mileage, this is not likely unless you are the unlucky one that has a bad motor. By the way, do you know when your car was produced in 2014? I thought the early ones had the most trouble with their Tesla motor.

Good luck. Stay safe.

That could very well be a transient error. I once had that in my B. It went away after restarting=g the car and it never came back.

I agree that =is a heart stopping error message.

By all means if your time is not valuable head over to the dealer. I would not unless the error persists.

Hi Krazeivan,

My initial guess, given that it's a 2014, is that your 12V battery might be showing signs of "old-age" Same thing happened to me twice in 1 week about 6 months ago...I replaced the 12V in my car with an XS Power Battery and haven't had any Malfunction visit workshop display message since. :)

Well it's been a week of daily driving and the message has not re-appeared. Hopefully it's just a fluke. Thank you all for the advice.

Just my two cents but when this happened to my car two things triggered that message. One was that I’d plugged in first prior to plugging into the wall at home.

The second time, my dealership found that I had a couple missing connectors inside the plug. Once it was replaced the message went away.

Back