Salesperson recommendation

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathiel

A couple weeks back, I went by the Carlsbad M-B dealership to check their existing (and expected) stock of the B-class. I had every intention of negotiating a deal. Unfortunately, they did not have anything that was adequately close to what I was looking for. (I admit to being picky.)

Although I wasn't able to complete a deal, I was highly impressed by the attention and patience that the salesperson exhibited (even after it was fairly evident that it was highly unlikely that he was going to be able to make a deal with me anytime in the near future).

I consider myself a pretty tough judge when it comes to quality of service, so this experience left a strong positive memory.

This last weekend, I drove (from San Diego) into the LA area (about 100 miles from home) to buy one of the very few cars in the SoCal region that represented exactly what I wanted. Some extended negotiations, the B-class range, a very slow dealership charger, and a long path to home resulted in having to leave the car (with less than 2 miles left on the GoM) in front of the Carlsbad M-B dealership in the very wee hours of the morning. Later that morning (when the sun was up), I sheepishly presented myself to the same salesperson who had not been able to make a sale, told him that I had purchased the car from another dealer, that I needed a charge in order to make the last 20 miles home, and asked if he would please allow me to use his charger. He didn't spend anytime considering it. He just said "sure", walked me to the charging station, and said i could do whatever I needed to do. (Readers of the RAV4 EV forum will know how the folks at Toyota Carlsbad have respond to such requests.)

Anyway, I think this salesperson's behavior warrants recognition. If I was going to purchase another B-Class (I really love this car), or some other Benz like it, I would most definitely start there.

The salesperson's name is Tyson Fischer.

Maybe, but that salesman seems to have the right attitude. No questions, no problems, just "yes, sure".

pathiel, be sure to tell his boss, dealers need to know when their people are good.

Back