Remote climate control without MercedesMe

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

I did not take up the offer to pay for MercedesMe after my trial period, and now I see it's going away all together. It will be pretty lame if M-B doesn't include our B's in whatever app they make for the EQC, but I don't have high hopes.

I don't know about you, but for me the MercedesMe app was flakey, slow and generally useless. I guess I enjoyed seeing my car's present charge, but I generally knew that. And when I plug in to a charger at work I know it will be 100% when I head out to drive home.

BUT, I did appreciate being able to start climate control remotely. That was a really neat feature. I also like that button you can press on the dash that keeps climate control on after you leave the car, but it's not quite the same thing.

In my search for some way to replace MercedesMe I stumbled across a feature you may have missed. You can configure the car to start climate control when you UNLOCK a locked car. So I am dreaming of wintry mornings when I will look out the window at my frozen car in the driveway and unlock it a few minutes before I leave the house. I've even found it useful when simply walking across the parking lot on a hot day, I activate it as soon as I can. Those extra few seconds of the AC running actually make a difference.

This is in the manual under "Pre-entry Climate Control via Key" (page 121 in my manual). You enable it from settings on the dash display.

I also see something about "Pre-entry Climate Control at Departure Time" which looks interesting. I haven't tried that yet.

mercedesme access cost 2-300/year, perhaps this is blessing in disguise. how was the remote start from key option working for you? i see cheap charge station for home use has wifi and many public places will have some sort of app.

Well well. I logged into MBme this morning and the EV features are gone. Not that they were all that useful.

On the other hand, the EVAccess app still works. It occasionally spazzes out but not sure where along the trail the fault is.

I only use to monitor charging remotely. Yes, in winter I use EVAccess to remote warm up car.

Hi JeffRay,

Are you still able to access your B-class via EVAccess ? I'm no longer able to access. Bummer. I agree the only thing useful was the remote climate control and monitoring charge remotely.

Thanks.

Ralph

I emailed with the developer about it and seems it was relying on the same API as the official MB app.

One MBUSA person I spoke to on the phone seemed to say that they were working on a replacement. In the mean time I am looking at the UK version of the app and trying to derive why it doesn't work with our (U.S.) cars.

Hi Rratie,

If you hear of any developments around the MBUSA replacement you mentioned, please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
Ralph

Thanks for posting a non app method of climate control. It will be interesting to see how long they take to replace the app.

Back