Any body have any luck with Owner's online page at mbusa?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abzy2004

I constantly get this exception
Error Page Exception

SRVE0260E: The server cannot use the error page specified for your application to handle the Original Exception printed below.
Error Message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid uri 'http://cmsrepo.mbusa.corpintra.net/BYO_Appearance/2014/B/B ED/vcmContent.xml': escaped absolute path not valid
Error Code: 500

Looks like it's not yet setup correctly to deal with 2014 B-class?
I get it both with Chrome and IE.

I bought my B class on July 31, 2014. It took 4 days nearly to get access to the Owner's online page for a couple of reasons, one being MBUSA has to activate you with the vvc (or is it vcc) number. Anyway, after a lot of trials and tribulations, I was finally able to log on using my iPhone 4 with iOS 7. It works reliably on my phone. I have not figured out how to sync with the car other than logging out of the app and back in (the help menu says there is a "green button" for syncing, but I have yet to see it.

I tried numerous Mac and Windows laptop browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and IE. None seemed to work (experienced various errors or misformatted pages / menus). In the end, I think the app is really designed only to work on a smart phone. It didn't work with iOS 6 so I had to (reluctantly) upgrade to iOS 7 which I had been putting off. Coincidentally...or not...??? right after I tried to launch the app on my iphone 4 with ios6, my phone crashed and froze and I could not even turn it off. My only recourse was to wipe it and install the updated OS. So actually I think the not-ready-for-prime-time MB software killed my phone, but I do love the car at least. :)

cjcorda said:
I bought my B class on July 31, 2014. It took 4 days nearly to get access to the Owner's online page for a couple of reasons, one being MBUSA has to activate you with the vvc (or is it vcc) number. Anyway, after a lot of trials and tribulations, I was finally able to log on using my iPhone 4 with iOS 7. It works reliably on my phone. I have not figured out how to sync with the car other than logging out of the app and back in (the help menu says there is a "green button" for syncing, but I have yet to see it.

I tried numerous Mac and Windows laptop browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and IE. None seemed to work (experienced various errors or misformatted pages / menus). In the end, I think the app is really designed only to work on a smart phone. It didn't work with iOS 6 so I had to (reluctantly) upgrade to iOS 7 which I had been putting off. Coincidentally...or not...??? right after I tried to launch the app on my iphone 4 with ios6, my phone crashed and froze and I could not even turn it off. My only recourse was to wipe it and install the updated OS. So actually I think the not-ready-for-prime-time MB software killed my phone, but I do love the car at least. :)

You must be talking about the MyMercedes Electric Vehicle Homepage :) Yes it took me 2 days just to figure out that it works on my iPad2, and this is just to register for the first time! And still I have no luck on how to sync it with the car.

There's Owners Online and there's the B-Class app page. Two sites, for different things.

Owners online shouldn't give you any trouble, so I'd contact MBUSA so they can get it fixed. I had the exact same error (early August) and an online e-mail to MB got it fixed in a day or two.

Sal

Anyone knows how to find out the VVC number that I'm required to enter when trying to assign my vehicle to my account?

joneng22 said:
kiteloop said:
Anyone knows how to find out the VVC number that I'm required to enter when trying to assign my vehicle to my account?

You need to obtain the V V C # from the dealer you bought the car from.

My dealer doesn't know anything about the VVC. Is there another way to find out?

kiteloop said:
joneng22 said:
kiteloop said:

You need to obtain the V V C # from the dealer you bought the car from.

My dealer doesn't know anything about the VVC. Is there another way to find out?

MB told me this MUST be issued by dealership. When I called the Finance Dept., they told me I needed to get this from the Sales Dept. My salesperson was not immediately familiar with the VVC, but got it to me within 2 days of my request. (FWIW, I've got the app up and running, but don't know how to initiate synch.)

pathiel said:
(FWIW, I've got the app up and running, but don't know how to initiate synch.)
Try making the car do something; like turning the a/c on or something. Or ask it to show you the charge profile (a graph indicating when the car will be fully charged).
I sometimes have to log out then log back in to get it to sync.

Of course your mbrace is active, right? That's how it communicates.

Note to MB: Put a "Sync Now" button in the app please.

I think I may have complained enough to get the online page finally fixed. After multiple requests and some effort, I find the site is underwhelming. With just a few basics and a simulated key fob display, there are very limited uses for this site. The alternative mybclass.mbusa.com site offers more in what you would expect from an EV page. The Android mbrace app doesn't seem to offer that functionality either, but the mybclass site is accessible from a browser on Android (not firefox but Dolphin works).

baysal said:
Try making the car do something; like turning the a/c on or something. Or ask it to show you the charge profile (a graph indicating when the car will be fully charged).
I sometimes have to log out then log back in to get it to sync.

Of course your mbrace is active, right? That's how it communicates.

@baysal: thanks for the suggestion about checking mbrace...the activation had gotten delayed.

Most dealers don't have a clue. Nobody sells a bunch of them. I work at a dealership and was the first to purchase. Management was never brought up to speed by MB. Just like the product, there is a learning curve for all of us. I am still having problems with owners online and mbrace. Seems I have mbrace app on my phone for my wife's SLK and I can't add my B to that causing me to have two separate apps. None of this stuff is really up to par in my opinion but again, just like you and I have to plan out our day before traveling, it's all new. I look forward when these things get 200-300 miles. For now, I'm enjoying the journey!

No luck whatsoever. A black pop-up page loads up with four icons at the bottom that do nothing.

Are you trying to access the mybclass.mbusa.com site? You may need to use another browser or change security settings. It works for me on a Mac with Chrome and Safari but not Firefox.

Yes. So far I've tried Chrome on every computer, tablet and phone I have (all Android or PC), and IE on a couple. Don't bother with IE, seems to not work at all.

On the phone MB USA signed me up online, and sent me a registration link, but that isn't helping me get any farther either, although it seems like it would have stopped me had the site worked at all.

Now they are getting me a VVC number which the dealer was supposed to give me but did not.

This process is definitely the opposite of smooth. Our Leaf, while not pretty (Carwings, etc), worked immediately at least.

More when I'm off hold..., or if anything starts working.

mddg said:
Are you trying to access the mybclass.mbusa.com site? You may need to use another browser or change security settings. It works for me on a Mac with Chrome and Safari but not Firefox.

You're right. It's broken on Chrome on a PC now too, and both Internet Explorer and Firefox aren't supported. I think this is a recent problem that is the same issue for the Smart Electric. See the posting there that recommends using your Android phone as a workaround (probably not what you want to hear). You won't be able to do anything interesting with the webpage that MB calls an app until you get the VVC anyway. The dealer should have someone authorized to provide that number from the sales program.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f170/smart-ed-home-page-broken-86817/

You're right; the Leaf's owner portal and Carwings work much better. It's striking - the "inattention" to detail by MB here.

More details: As I may have mentioned already, last night Mercedes Mbrace support turned me over to MB USA support, who were nice, but as of yet not effective.

They called the dealer on my behalf for the VVC code, but no call back yet.

They gave me an email address to send a screenshot to, but no response to that yet either.

In the meantime, I tried two more browsers on a different network (work) on a different day and still no joy.

So I wonder how much charge my car is taking in the parking lot right now..., a little walk won't hurt I suppose while I wait for answers.

The information needed to obtain the VVC required multiple iterations among the various Mercedes support groups and almost everyone at the dealership. The VVC is provided through the NetStar sales application. To access the VVC code, specific sales/service/manager users need authorization from Mercedes and Mercedes NetStar. Then the Electric Vehicle tab on the lower left will be available for those users with its main purpose for now is to provide a VVC (Vehicle Verification Code).

I can get the webpage to show up at mybclass.mbusa.com , but it's pretty much non-functioning. I allow the popup, which brings up a mobile version of the webpage, but the buttons on the bottom do nothing.

Back