How to get longer range in the winter

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it is now officially cold here and my range has dropped already. I am tempted to do this and I see that Arthur posted cost and time.

For an urbanite like myself who is handy around the house, is this a feasible DIY project? Figure I can drive to my favorite mechanic so I can do it inside a lit garage. No need for lift, correct?

As it is, I am driving the wagon more as I don't mind burning fossil fuel to warm up the car in the morning vs. using up electrons. Tomorrow, not as cold so will drive the electric.

rrattie said:
**Because she doesn't normally drive the B.. she drove 30 miles on the highway at 70 mph when coming to get me.

My Wifey loves to drive my B250e, but doesn't get much opportunity. Did I mention she drives it fast? Our weekend errands together in the B250e usually end at a public EVSE! She says I drive the B250e "like an old man" (which I am...) and that keeps me and the B250e off the EVSEs at work much of the work week.

Peter,

It took me about the same amount of time (1.5 hours), I'm 6'2" and have long arms.. it was a stretch to get to the pipes in the back while leaning over the center of the engine compartment. It wasn't necessary to have a lift.. I don't have one, but a garage with good lighting is a big help.

Of note, if the hood should fall on you, it doesn't hurt that much... I now speak from experience, after trying to squeeze in from the left side.

FordAnglia said:
rrattie said:
**Because she doesn't normally drive the B.. she drove 30 miles on the highway at 70 mph when coming to get me.

My Wifey loves to drive my B250e, but doesn't get much opportunity. Did I mention she drives it fast? Our weekend errands together in the B250e usually end at a public EVSE! She says I drive the B250e "like an old man" (which I am...) and that keeps me and the B250e off the EVSEs at work much of the work week.

Peter,

THIS!! lol I was giving my wife the "how to keep power draw down" lecture after she picked me up.

FordAnglia said:
rrattie said:
For future reference, you can use https://imgbb.com/ to post images for free.. just an FYI.. found it myself when wanting to post those photos

Scroll up. I already shared how to post PIX to this forum using imgbb.

Peter,

LOL, all I saw was a nice red B.. totally missed the text above it.

Back