Adding frunk

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1812

Hi,

Has anyone experimented with a front storage? In the same style as Tesla has :) The idea came from Tesla Björn when he was complaining about empty space under the hood of a Kia (https://youtu.be/cZui4kDxgAU?t=599).

In B250E the space is more limited, but with proper 3d printing it might be possible to fit a charging cable(s) there. That would be quite practical as charging cable can be dirty and if you reverse close to a wall rear trunk might be difficult to open.. Extra benefit for cold climate would be less air flow under the hood..

How much the drive unit move during normal driving? It mounted with similar rubber posts the ICE's, so some movement there definetly is.
Anyone has done any experiments?

Ruoho,

Hey, thanks for the post. Interesting mod thought. Yeah, not a lot of room. Folks have insulated the coolant system to improve cold weather range but no one has posted about a frunk. I just throw my charger with extension cord in the trunk to keep it handy and use the provided bag to store cleaning stuff. Since I use mine solely as an urban getabout, the current trunk is fine for grocery runs, albeit less than tidy.

Being one of those that did insulate their heating/cooling system (it works :) )

I can say there is very little room for a frunk.

Back