mbrace web app end-of-life

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfu

X1x61Tp.png

The web portal for the B250e appears to be nearing end of life. Is Mercedes moving remote connectivity/functionality to another web app or are they just killing it all together?

So is that it?? Are we SOL for remote charge monitoring using the vehicle? I found Chargepoint text notifications to be very unreliable. Does Chargepoint have a reliable App? We don't have a Wi-Fi connected charge port at home, so no luck there. Any suggestions? Has anyone figured out how to remotely monitor charge status reliably? Honestly, it seems MB hung all its early EV adopters with B205e's out to dry. That does not bode well for prospective EQC owners.

I just recently hit up MBUSA to ask about getting access to technical information so I can go it alone. Here is my email and their reply. I haven't gotten a chance to really figure out if the information I need is available using the referred resource.

The crap part is this a pay to play resource, I might plunk down the $60 to get in and figure out if they have what I need:

24 Hours
$60.00
1 - Day Access

7 Days
$160.00
1 - Week Access

31 Days
$289.00
1 - Month Access

365 Days
$3098.00
1 - Year Access
=======================================================================================================================

Customer By CSS Web (Ron Rattie) (11/02/2020 05:07 PM)
Hello,

I own a 2014 B-class Electric Drive and since it is no longer under warranty and dealerships won't even service it I was wondering if I could have technical manuals for the car along with source code for the software in the car. Specifically with regards to vehicle charging, power usage, etc.

I just want to be able to improve on the software that is already there and continue to enjoy the amazing vehicle that I own.
Question Reference # 201102-000074
• Date Created: 11/02/2020 05:07 PM
• Date Last Updated: 11/04/2020 12:02 PM•

=======================================================================================================================

Response By Email (Debra A.) (11/04/2020 12:02 PM)

Dear Ron,

Thanks for reaching out to MBUSA.

STAR Tek Info is an official Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC site for hosting service and repair technical documentation for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The repair process section is called WIS (Workshop Information System), which is the same system our dealerships use. We invite you to visit the website at www.startekinfo.com. We feel this website would benefit customers who work on their own vehicles. There is a charge for daily, weekly, monthly or yearly access; however this is the best information you will find for your car. There is also a HELP/CONTACT us area for technical support for the website itself.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond and hope this information is helpful.

Kind Regards,

Debbie A.
Mercedes-Benz USA
(800) 367-6372

Back