How much do you pay for electricity?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendler2112

$0.138/ kWh for my electric bill this month.
10360441_733325043413277_1738599000775667432_n.jpg

Ferdball said:
[/img]
$.242 per kWh

San Diego Gas & Electric, EV-TOU2 rate (partial Summer/Winter).
Wow! 24 cents. Any way to get a demand meter with reduced pricing at night?

I'm waiting for this JuiceBox trial to get started. I'm hoping that it will have the scheduled charging feature, so I can shift all my EV charging to super off-peak times. I also get my solar installed in a few weeks, so this will change.

I live in greater MSP (Minnesota) and we have an off-peak EV charging rate of 4c/KWh between 11 PM and 7 AM through our utility (Dakota Electric). My charger (Leviton 10 KW/ 220V / 40 A) comes on and charges in about 3.5 hours (I actually got up in the middle of the night to check this the first week). I do pay a premium (approximately 3%) on all my electricity to source 100% wind power from the same utility. SO, zero carbon EV for just a little over 4c/KWh.

2014 Mercedes Benz B-Class ED
2012 Plug-in Prius Advanced

ZeroCO2 said:
I live in greater MSP (Minnesota) and we have an off-peak EV charging rate of 4c/KWh between 11 PM and 7 AM through our utility (Dakota Electric).
That is the rate you are buying the electricity generation for but that is not what you are paying for electricity. Line fees, service fees, and taxes must be considered in these discussions. The only way to fairly say what you are paying is to take the bottom dollar on your bill and divide it by the kWh that was used.

I live in NYC and charge either at a Chargepoint station in my garage (free) or the dealer near work (free) or a Chargepoint near remote office ($2.95 flat). So if I do the math right on the latter, that is $0.20 per kWh or in my case $0.05 per mile (vs. $0.15 per mile in my roadster). Even at lower gas prices, love the car and the concept.

Back