Here’s how to know at what time your B will be done charging without an app!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t seen this method posted anywhere, so here it goes...

Turn off the car
Plugin the car
Now, go sit in driver’s seat
Turn on the vehicle. It will beep at you once.
Look at the message on the gauge cluster that reads “ChargerCableConnected” with a little picture of it.
Hit the <OK> button on the steering wheel
Hit the <left arrow> on the steering wheel twice (Sett. will be highlighted)
Hit the <OK> button on the steering wheel
Read the message that says 100% at 19:05 (notice what the battery icon looks like)
Hit the Range Extender button.
Read the message that says 100% at 19:35 (notice what the battery icon looks like now)
Hit the Range Extender button again to go back.
Hit the <Back> button on the steering wheel until the dash information is back to normal.

If you have the climate control set to stay on while you charge, the time will be underestimated by about 5 minutes per hour.
If the charger you are connected to changes it's charge rate; you won't have any idea unless you recheck it.

Arthur
'15 Black B250

Arthur,

Thanks for the useful post. I had not seen it even though I have leased a B since 2014. My excuse is up to recently, I used the EV Access app. Now I do the math in my head, 1 hour for each 20% charge.

Thanks the tip is very useful

Just tested it on my new 2016. At level 1 it will take an additional 7 hours to charge.

so from 0 to overfull and a range of 101 in E it should take about 36 hours

I'm glad it works for other years too! I had a really long drive home when I bought the car in April. I spent more than a few hours pushing buttons and learning my way around my first EV.
Arthur

Thanks Arthur.

Something new to learn😁

In my '17 before the time showing the end of charging, i have to choose e-cell from the settings submenu.

Back