Pyro Fuse Location

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blevnewbie

Hi All, I just purchased a 2016 b250e. It was sold on a spares and repair basis and I was told the only known issue is that the pyro fuse needs to be replaced and the ecu reset after. I now have the part, but cannot find the pyro fuse anywhere.

It would usually sit on or close to the positive terminal of the 12v battery, but it's not located there on this ev. I've also checked both fuse boxes on the car (front passenger footwell & engine bay), removed the 12v battery to check in around that area but I cannot locate the pyro fuse anywhere. Online searches have so far not helped also.

I'm hoping someone may have some knowledge and could point me in the right direction 🙏

Many Thanks!

Hi, did you ever get this sorted out, and where is the fuse located?

My 2-14 b-class ev was recently hit from behind, and the pyrofuse blown. The official Benz policy is that this triggers "irreversible shutoff of the HV electrical system" and that the repair is main battery replacement.

I'd be very interested to know if you were able to replace the pyrofuse and reset the ecu to begin driving the car again, or if your car had to be scrapped.

Here's a link to an MB bulletin on the subject: https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/106917/219654

Hi. I have recently got the same issue. My B class had a rear end impact. Both seat belts on the rear and drive main seat belt were deployed. On scanning the car, I can see code B284F13. ""The squib for "High-voltage on-board electrical system" has a malfunction. There is an open circuit."". Any advice on this issue will be highly appreciated. The car lights up and get a code to say stop vehicle on the dash board.

Back