B250e drive unit and battery pack maintenance

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ognen

Hello. I live in Macedonia (Europe). The B250e was not offered here. Now I have the possibility to bye it used but I am curious about the service intervals, because in my area there are no trained technicians for B250e.
B Class is offered here. Technical Service and spar parts are available. The only unknown are the Tesla installed parts.
Can anyone please say if there is something to be done on a regular service intervals for the drive unit and the battery, or during the service they just verify that those parts are in good service condition at the time of the inspection?
If there is something to be done on a regular base like for example some coolant replacement, this would not be the var for me.
If nothing can be done for those parts, I will be able to enjoy in my new (used) B250e ..
Thanks!

ognen said:
Hello. I live in Macedonia (Europe). The B250e was not offered here. Now I have the possibility to bye it used but I am curious about the service intervals, because in my area there are no trained technicians for B250e.

B Class is offered here. Technical Service and spar parts are available. The only unknown are the Tesla installed parts.
Can anyone please say if there is something to be done on a regular service intervals for the drive unit and the battery, or during the service they just verify that those parts are in good service condition at the time of the inspection?

Greetings and Welcome!

Any EV requires much less service than an equivalent ICE vehicle, in particular less wear on friction brakes because of EV regen braking, and no need to change engine oil and filters.

However, the High Voltage battery in an EV requires some attention. For the B250e this is the annual replacement of a desiccant filter that removes moisture from the battery container to prevent corrosion.

In the USA (where most of the B250e vehicles were sold) the Mercedes Benz (MB) dealers are required to perform annual service to maintain the vehicle warranty. The key item is the high voltage battery filter replacement, and then general inspection of the vehicle for safety (tires, brake pads, windshield wipers, checking and topping off fluids)

If you are comfortable doing these yourself no access to an MB dealer is needed. Enjoy your new vehicle!

Should you encounter a problem, such as a failure in the EV system (motor, drive unit, inverter, battery management system - BMS) the MB dealer will likely have to step in. Obtaining MB spare parts may be an issue.

Are you looking for a vehicle in another state? Then import it to your country?

Peter,

Hi Peter,

The high voltage battery filter replacement is not a problem :)

Yes I am looking for a B250e in other states.
On the link below many used B250e in Norway: for sale
https://www.finn.no/car/used/search.html?engine_fuel=0%2F4&make=0.785&model=1.785.8111

Many thanks for your feedback!

ognen,

Good luck with your search for one in the EU. We have several UK members as well but to my knowledge few if any Norwegian members. The car would be perfect for your climate and am assuming you have charge stations to access.

One thing to be aware of is parts avaiability as the last B250e sold was 2017. These cars tried to use many C Class parts but because of the battery pack, it is taller than the standard B IcE cars. So body parts are different as a result. Nevertheless, a good body shop can repair any dented parts. There will be a good used part market on sites like eBay as well. That is where I source parts now for my 1982 380SL,

Let us know if you are successful in locating and importing one to Macedonia.

Back