CA dealer registered car as Gasoline - now in hell

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phototrek

My beloved MB dealer registered the car as a gasoline vehicle - among other displays of care, love and affection, but the others pale in comparison. My carpool stickers were promptly rejected, pointing out that the car is a gasoline car and thus not eligible. I did get the dealer to write a statement that indeed it was an error and that it is an EV, and resubmitted the paperwork. Since then, crickets.

I am wondering if this happened to anyone around here before, and if so, what recourse you took. If you don't feel comfortable discussing in public, please PM me. Thank you.

You have to check the paperwork carefully. My dealer initially had my car down as a gas car. I made them change it on the spot! They are so used to selling gas cars it is automatic,

Lets face it, Mercedes and green in the same sentence is a stretch. That is why the car is such a good deal, they just can not get rid of them.

Tell your dealer you're returning the car, the only reason you got it was for the carpool lane.

GlennD said:
You have to check the paperwork carefully. My dealer initially had my car down as a gas car. I made them change it on the spot!

I wasn't necessarily watching my dealer register the car. They filed the registration paperwork with the DMV after 21 days after I got the car, not necessarily a record. When I finally got the license plate I didn't look at the motor type, it never occurred to me they would mess it up. Then there wouldn't be any way to "watch them change it on the spot" anyway, they didn't do anything anywhere near on the spot. So when the sticker application came back as rejected, then I did have them write the correction statement, but since then I haven't hear anything back from the DMV.

Yes this is definitely a lesson for next time. Among other things not to buy from a big dealership conglomerate. But in 3 years when a new car is due, the CA stickers will be a thing of the past anyway.

Johnsie said:
Tell your dealer you're returning the car, the only reason you got it was for the carpool lane.

In California as soon as you drive it off the lot it is yours. There is no second chance if you change your mind. Unless it turns out to be a "lemon" its yours.

It happens all the time, I follow many different forums. Ask your dealer to correct the error, then you can resubmit the request to DMV.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f170/applied-hov-sticker-got-denied-what-57161/index2.html

phototrek said:
My beloved MB dealer registered the car as a gasoline vehicle - among other displays of care, love and affection, but the others pale in comparison. My carpool stickers were promptly rejected, pointing out that the car is a gasoline car and thus not eligible. I did get the dealer to write a statement that indeed it was an error and that it is an EV, and resubmitted the paperwork. Since then, crickets.

I am wondering if this happened to anyone around here before, and if so, what recourse you took. If you don't feel comfortable discussing in public, please PM me. Thank you.

Wow, I will tell my finance manager to double check the paperwork when we sell them. Sorry this happened to you.

John "ocbenzguy"

Back