Electric Utility Rates By State

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordAnglia

Greetings,

I was checking over our home's utility bill recently. So who has the best electricity rates?
Find out here.

Spoiler alert; here in California we came in 44th (low to high ranking) Hawaii was dead last...

As our home is on a tier system, we switch to a higher rate after using up the monthly allowance (315kwh)
Tier 1 $0.23581
Tier 2 $0.29675

I don't see any advantage to installing a home EVSE as I have free EV charging as a perk at work, and local access to public charging with no cost for the first two hours.

On the other hand, it would be great to fire up my B250e in the morning with a full overnight charge!

Peter,

I would love to just charge at work but my commute is 60 miles total, 30 there 30 back not sure if I can just bank on my works free charger.

MikeV2113 said:
I would love to just charge at work but my commute is 60 miles total, 30 there 30 back not sure if I can just bank on my works free charger.

Wow, that's got to include some "Range Anxiety".

Are you in a four seasons location, where cold or hot outside temps would require running the vehicle's climate system, and using valuable electricity?

Are you charging at home, if so do you have L1 or L2 (240V) or ?? available?

Peter,

Surprisingly this car is efficient, I get almost a 100 miles range when on eco plus and the driving coach badge says that I’ve earned more miles. How does that work? Does the bonus miles count in the trip meter? Or I’ve added mile but driving conservatively.

Thanks

Back