Electrical system overview

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

I have been studying the Mercedes Benz service manual for the B-Class. I'm no mechanic, so a lot of it is over my head or uninteresting. But I thought this page would be useful to others. At the top is a diagram of all the major electrical components.
electrical-overview.jpg

And here's a link to the full page with the names to go with the numbers http://robroy.dyndns.info/Images/B-Class/electrical-overview-components.pdf

I just recently had a "Visit Workshop" message and the mechanic mentioned M91/2 in the repair notes. I had no idea what an M91/2 was or even that it was a part ID until I read this document. (It's one of several coolant pumps.)

Likewise in a recent post someone thought their pedestrian warning sound ("Acoustic Ambient Protection" in Mercedes-speak) wasn't working. I haven't looked under the hood yet, but you might be able to see it and check whether a wire has fallen off pretty easily. Part H4/16 (Electric Sound Generator) appears to be right beneath the Mercedes logo behind the front grill.

Back