I Just Hit The Mother-lode!!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordAnglia

Greetings,

The M-B DVD set arrived on Saturday. A low-cost purchase from eBay. Since then I have been bashing my head against the wall (I mean Win10)
trying to install the beast on my personal PC at home. Well, I just got it to do something vaguely useful!!

I've found a Wiring Diagram for the M-B B250e with at least one component I would actually recognize. The J1772 Charging Connector (where you hook up the EVSE to charge the vehicle) This piece is called "X58/23" in M-B speak.

The connections N L PE PP CP represent the J1772 signals, as a bonus we also see the 2700 resistor between the PE and PP connections - that tells the EVSE that the plug is connected and the vehicle can be charged. N83/10 is the BMS module, likely the one on top of the motor assembly when the hood is raised. "5,5 OG" is likely those fat Orange wires, of 5.5 sq mm cross section, to handle the charging current flowing in from the EVSE.

This encourages me to keep digging, but not tonight. I suspect I'm not going to find an Electrical Schematic (Circuit Diagram), but we might learn some the B250e's dark secrets of how the various modules interconnect.

The 'holy-grail' would be to find out something (anything?) about why or how the replacement modules are "programmed by the Dealer" when installed.

Peter,

Peter,

Congratulations, you have indeed achieved god like status. You are now officially the go to member for how our Bs are put together.

I have to admit that I could not read the schematic, must have missed that course, let alone class. Two of my roomies were EE majors but I was only an accounting major. Poor me.

I admit to getting most of my car info from watching youtube videos on Teslas and the new EVs. The latter are coming to get me or me get them.

JeffRay said:
Congratulations, you have indeed achieved god like status. You are now officially the go to member for how our Bs are put together.

Jeff, Thanks for the kind words, and big shoes for me to fill!

JeffRay said:
I have to admit that I could not read the schematic, must have missed that course, let alone class.

I admit to getting most of my car info from watching youtube videos on Teslas and the new EVs.

Going forwards I may have info on par with the technicians at an M-B service shop. Their purpose to restore a vehicle to being road worthy. My interest is curiosity about how (and why) the car works the way it does.

What would be really cool is access to the M-B internal training designed for those lucky enough to work on the B250e.

Peter,

Since MB doesn't do such a great job at providing service for the B and has discontinued it.. even the damn phone app. Maybe they should release training for it so that 3rd party shops can more easily service our cars.

I know.. wishful thinking.

Back