Lease deal in Northern California

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakaro

I'm not sure if the following lease offer is great, so I'd like some opinions

MSRP: $45,390
Mo payment: $299 (incl. tax)
Total payment comes to $10764 + $913 (est fees)

Initial payment: $3000 (cap reduction $2192 + 1st payment: $299 + sales tax $208 + 1st year fees $300)
term: 36 mo
miles: $12K

cap cost: $30827
cap reduction: $2192
acquisition fee: $1095
residual value: $20,425

I can't speak to leasing costs, but I just bought the exact same price tag car. I got $11,800 off sticker price.
Since I get the $10,000 in govt tax savings, that's almost 1/2 the car price off/back.

SF Mercedes (ask for Rick) is my advice. The other dealers really refused to negotiate over the phone and refused to beat his price in person visits.

Honestly, I expected a far better buying experience -- the dealers were unknowledgeable, but also seemed like they could care less if I bought from them or not. I offered to buy from SoCal dealers and none of them would deal. At all.

I contacted SF Benz. Someone called Lauren wrote back and called me on my phone. When I called her back, a minute or two into the conversation I couldn't believe what she said. In short her message was: I can't give you a price quote because this is the last day of the month, and I need to use my time efficiently. You're likely to shop for the best price, so I don't want to waste my precious time today on this. Thanks, SF Benz.

I just bought a B class yesterday from Valencia Mercedes Benz. You got a better deal than I did, but I am still happy with my purchase and the buying experience was very good. I put $4000 down and am paying $277/month including tax for 12K miles per month. They have one 2015 left. My sticker was $45,390.

Acevolt said:
I just bought a B class yesterday from Valencia Mercedes Benz. You got a better deal than I did, but I am still happy with my purchase and the buying experience was very good. I put $4000 down and am paying $277/month including tax for 12K miles per month. They have one 2015 left. My sticker was $45,390.
Too funny! Hope this doesn't creep you out, I was there on Saturday when they were charging it up. I guess that was your Model S parked near it? If you recall a RAV4 EV parked there for a few minutes, that was me. Dropped by dealership after one of my kids finished his spring ball tryouts at the Hart Baseball complex below the dealership.

By the way, my kid really likes that B-Class in red!

EDIT: Back to the OP subject... @bakaro - Your deal is pretty close to mine, which was $387 drive-off, then 35 payments of $372 incl tax. Differences are that mine is for 10K miles/yr (they quoted me about $20/mo more if I wanted 12K miles/year), and that I got an OEM dealer-installed rear camera included ($460 if it was factory-installed). Pretty happy with my deal, perhaps you can use it as a data point. One word of advice - I'd ask the dealer re-quote as a $0 down deal. Should come out to about $374/mo for 36 months, give or take a few bucks. All else being equal, my preference is to shell out another $75/mo over a few years rather than hand over a big wad of cash up front, in case I end up trading the car in less than 3 years.

Back