Leasing experience in Los Angeles

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfive

I took delivery of a 2016 MB B250e a couple of weeks ago. There are very few cars in LA county, so tracking down the one you want is a fun task of using the mbusa.com website to find cars. I even sent an inquiry as far as Bakersfield. Not sure how I would have gotten home if I had bought that car!

Despite the scarcity, I found two things:
1) I was able to negotiate $4-5K off the MSRP with several dealers except one
2) Even when I was considering ordering the car (2-3 month wait), I was still able to get the same MSRP discounts

I figured this would be info worth sharing with interested buyers, since many may assume that the dealers won't budge off MSRP because the cars aren't around. To get this pricing, I did my usual thing of submitting inquiries via the web and then asking for quotes over email. Eventually you'll get enough information to understand what the market looks like and then you can get 2-3 dealers working for your business.

I ended up with a $450/mo lease payment for a car with an MSRP of $49.7K. Many thanks to the US and CA taxpayers for the $10K subsidy. :)

Final notes: Costco car buying program was great to start with. The pricing is invoice minus $700, where the invoice price is about 6% below MSRP. I ended up doing a bit better than that. I also tried some of the other car buying services (AAA, TruCar), but I found them to just be lead generators for the dealers (no one really sent me quotes, they just asked me to come in to the dealership). I did get a TruCar quote after about 2 weeks (which was weird) and it ended up at $5K below MSRP as well.

I'm loving the B250e so far. It's an awesome upgrade from my 2013 Leaf SL.

2016 MB B250e
2013 Nissan Leaf SL

Thank you for the information on your car buying experience. Which dealer did you end up using? Did you put any money down?

Just got our 2016 2 weeks ago, inventory in LA is horrible, Keyes Mercedes on Van Nuys has 0 b-class, glendale had 6, and I ended up using my broker and he had a friend fleet manager at MB Encino who had about 8 and I ended up with a $48k MSRP model which cost me $15,500 total for a 3 year lease with 10k miles. That amount included tax, reg, downpayment, base lease, etc.. So basically I put $3000 drive off and $347 per month with all taxes.

Back