Mercedes B-Class Electric - Servicing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamessmith1

Hey Guys,

Do you have any recommendation of where to service the Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive after warranty? And does anyone have any experiences already with independent garages, mobile maintenance or something similar except for the dealers?

Greets =)

I personally wouldn't go to Mercedes for anything except battery certification. (free) once a year. I do my wiper blades, cabin air filter, and tires myself.

The car needs "Mercedes" summer fit/winter fit windshield washer fluids --
other colors throw off the sensor (Makes the car think the washer fluid is empty)
So I buy Mercedes "Summer Fit" / "Winter-Fit" concentrate on Amazon/eBay -- mix as instructed with water.

Cabin air filter takes 2 minutes, no tools needed -- email me for pictures. (Buy on Amazon or eBay)

WIX - Cabin Air Filter
Part # WP10130
Line: WIX

It is under dash on passenger side.

Front Wiper Blades are Bosch : (AMAZON)
Wiper Blades:
Driver’s Side 26" (650mm) Bosch 26OE
Passenger Side 19” (475-480mm) Bosch 19OE

Rear wiper blade is hard to find, I use eBay:

Correct REAR Wiper:
* Item Name: Twin Rear Windshield Wiper Blade
* Part Brand: BOSCH
* OEM Numbers: 246 820 10 45 / A 246 820 10 45
* Length [mm]: 270
* Important: 270mm / 11"

From eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171538465015?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

New Interchange Part Number: W246
Part Brand: H261 3 397 011 676 Brand: BOSCH
Warranty: Yes Manufacturer Part Number: 2468201045 A2468201045 3397011676 H261 B-Class

You can reset "Service A" in the dashboard yourself using this instructional video:

Mercedes Service Indicator Reset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLjAhIamyc

Turn key on to READY, then back to position 1

Go to odometer screen, reset trip odometer

Make sure you press and hold the answer call button first -- and within 1 second, hold the OK button.

Secret Menu Assyst Plus Click OK
Full Service Click OK
Confirm Service Click OK
CONFIRM

WTZ, you are the man! Will be sorry to lose you to Tesla (unless I get one too).

wtzouris said:
I personally wouldn't go to Mercedes for anything except battery certification. (free) once a year. I do my wiper blades, cabin air filter, and tires myself.

The car needs "Mercedes" summer fit/winter fit windshield washer fluids --
other colors throw off the sensor (Makes the car think the washer fluid is empty)
So I buy Mercedes "Summer Fit" / "Winter-Fit" concentrate on Amazon/eBay -- mix as instructed with water.

Cabin air filter takes 2 minutes, no tools needed -- email me for pictures. (Buy on Amazon or eBay)

WIX - Cabin Air Filter
Part # WP10130
Line: WIX

It is under dash on passenger side.

Front Wiper Blades are Bosch : (AMAZON)
Wiper Blades:
Driver’s Side 26" (650mm) Bosch 26OE
Passenger Side 19” (475-480mm) Bosch 19OE

Rear wiper blade is hard to find, I use eBay:

Correct REAR Wiper:
* Item Name: Twin Rear Windshield Wiper Blade
* Part Brand: BOSCH
* OEM Numbers: 246 820 10 45 / A 246 820 10 45
* Length [mm]: 270
* Important: 270mm / 11"

From eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171538465015?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

New Interchange Part Number: W246
Part Brand: H261 3 397 011 676 Brand: BOSCH
Warranty: Yes Manufacturer Part Number: 2468201045 A2468201045 3397011676 H261 B-Class

You can reset "Service A" in the dashboard yourself using this instructional video:

Mercedes Service Indicator Reset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLjAhIamyc

Turn key on to READY, then back to position 1

Go to odometer screen, reset trip odometer

Make sure you press and hold the answer call button first -- and within 1 second, hold the OK button.

Secret Menu Assyst Plus Click OK
Full Service Click OK
Confirm Service Click OK
CONFIRM
Post of the day (or month)!

JeffRay said:
WTZ, you are the man! Will be sorry to lose you to Tesla (unless I get one too).
Residual on MB would be about $22k. New price on the Model ≡ after incentives will be about $25k.

FB, but I like my leased MBe250, sob. As my little commuter car, it is fine. Half way through lease I have put a whopping 5,778 miles on it. The plan is to turn it in or sell it to someone given low mileage and see what is out there. I did not put money down on the new Tesla. Want to see what is out there in 2017.

JeffRay said:
FB, but I like my leased MBe250, sob. As my little commuter car, it is fine. Half way through lease I have put a whopping 5,778 miles on it. The plan is to turn it in or sell it to someone given low mileage and see what is out there. I did not put money down on the new Tesla. Want to see what is out there in 2017.

Your mileage is like mine. I also love the car. Unfortunately I let the finance guy talk me into two prepaid services. I did the first yearly at 3K miles by time. The service advisor claimed it was a brand new car. I will likely have about 8K for the next service and 12K at the end of the lease.

I did put down the deposit for a Tesla 3. Most industry folks say Elon is dreaming about the 35K price. I guess time will tell. I guess there will be a lot of choices with extended range. Even the "B" is getting a new drive train. I have until January 2018.

Glenn, wait and see, yep. I got the Black Friday special, free regular service for 3 years, but yes, the finance guy talked me into the bumper/wheel insurance. At least on the latter, it paid for a new tire when I got a puncture too close to the edge. I will likely negotiate an extension if there is a wait for a long-legged electric in my price range. Or maybe buy it if the battery warranty remains in place for a long enough period of time.

JeffRay said:
Glenn, wait and see, yep. I got the Black Friday special, free regular service for 3 years, but yes, the finance guy talked me into the bumper/wheel insurance. At least on the latter, it paid for a new tire when I got a puncture too close to the edge. I will likely negotiate an extension if there is a wait for a long-legged electric in my price range. Or maybe buy it if the battery warranty remains in place for a long enough period of time.

Having bumper insurance is good. on my very minor rear ender the only damage was to the bumper and it cost 4K (500 deductible was refunded). I have a white car, not really a gold plated one.

Back