Polarized front windshield

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LALarry

I've had my '15 B class for a month now. One of the first things I noticed is a red tint, or polarization on the front windshield when looking at the windshield from outside the car at certain angles. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I've not noticed it on any other MB model, just the B class

What you are seeing is the effect of the heated windshield. With max defrost it also heats the windshield.

LALarry said:
I've had my '15 B class for a month now. One of the first things I noticed is a red tint, or polarization on the front windshield when looking at the windshield from outside the car at certain angles. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I've not noticed it on any other MB model, just the B class

I saw on a S550 the tint on the front windshield looks blue and I think the B Class is a rose color. The dealer felt the windshield tint was to keep the huge B Class windshield a little cooler to save energy (from using the air) in direct sunlight. It seemed to make sense.

My understanding is also that this coating is related to the heated windshield.

I cannot tell you how many people ask me about this coating...they all seem to think its some kind of special effect I had applied and what to know where they can get it done.

pharmama said:
My understanding is also that this coating is related to the heated windshield.

I cannot tell you how many people ask me about this coating...they all seem to think its some kind of special effect I had applied and what to know where they can get it done.

...button no 2 from the left, (between the heated left front-seat and the drive-pro-option), turn the front-window heat on and off... Not quite sure if there is a temp-sensor built in, e.g with a min temp for this to be activated.
( EUR cars with DAB radio option, do not have an active front window heat function :?

I wish the clear part of the window near the mirror was larger -- or both sides-- You need to put EZ pass units and Radar detectors up there, otherwise the heated window blocks the signals.

Back