Thoughts after 100 miles

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Couple questions and comments. Some are probably stupid, but might be easier to ask you guys than to go through the gigantic manual

#1 What is the button next to the heated seat. Is it a quick defrost button?
#2 On the premium package equipped car, is there supposed to be a sub under the rear trunk area? On the non premium package car I drove, I recall the area was lined and had a plastic type box. I didn't see it with mine on the premium package?
#3 Are the rear seats adjustable, like forward backward, tilt up and down?
#4 How accurate is the mpkwh gauge? I am getting 2.4 to 2.5mpkwh on average, which is worse than the indicated amount on my RAV4 in sport mode.
#5 Can you see how many miles you can go without turning the car on? I can just open the door in my RAV4 and see. Also I assume no lights showing the car is being charged?!?

The ride is stiff and the UI is horrible, but the build quality is solid and you definitely feel safe and luxury in the car compare to the Japanese rivals. I guess you can say it is very typical German built cars.

cossie1600 said:
Couple questions and comments. Some are probably stupid, but might be easier to ask you guys than to go through the gigantic manual

#1 What is the button next to the heated seat. Is it a quick defrost button?
#2 On the premium package equipped car, is there supposed to be a sub under the rear trunk area? On the non premium package car I drove, I recall the area was lined and had a plastic type box. I didn't see it with mine on the premium package?
#3 Are the rear seats adjustable, like forward backward, tilt up and down?
#4 How accurate is the mpkwh gauge? I am getting 2.4 to 2.5mpkwh on average, which is worse than the indicated amount on my RAV4 in sport mode.
#5 Can you see how many miles you can go without turning the car on? I can just open the door in my RAV4 and see. Also I assume no lights showing the car is being charged?!?

The ride is stiff and the UI is horrible, but the build quality is solid and you definitely feel safe and luxury in the car compare to the Japanese rivals. I guess you can say it is very typical German built cars.

#1 Turns on the climate control without the key in the ignition.
#2 If you have the premium package you should have the sub-woofer that comes with the Harmon Kardon system in the trunk.
#3 No
#4 Read the other threads. Typically 10% - 20% low. @ 2.5 mpKwh you are getting 3.0 mpKwh.
#5 No you can't see the % charge and there is no visible indicator on/in the car for changing. If you could see the estimated miles it is completely wrong low estimate. I don't even look at it anymore. The best way to monitor is just use the % of charge. If you are outside the car if is best to use the EVaccess app if you have an android. The MB app is very slow and only updates if you log on and off. (at least on an iPhone) So far I pretty much average 1 mile = 1% of charge. So if I have 82% of charge I can go 82 miles. This even leaves about a 10% margin. I am sure in the winter it will be lower so I may have to adjust.

On the RAV4, the GOM is as accurate as it gets. I haven't gone through a full run on the B, are you saying they estimate on the low side? I started the car at 82 miles yesterday, I think I was left with a total of 75 miles once I added the miles left and the miles I drove. I guess I can push it further next time :)

Do you have a liner that goes around the subwoofer or is it just metal? I seem to recall the non premium car I drove had a plastic liner and a plastic bin/box in that area.

BTW, the coil type 110 charger is an awesome idea!

Back