Highest driven milage of B class electric

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you do an extended range charge on the B-Class ED( by pressing the dash button) then 100% is really only 92% to preserve batt life. 69 miles total range isn’t terrible ( 23+ 43) and with an extended range charge you might get another 6 miles so 75 miles total range in winter is about right. I once drove the car 114 miles in summer with an extended range charge. That battery is way too small for the car. If it had double the capacity it would have been way more popular….
I think it had a competitive battery size for its time and for its mid-range pricing (in Europe, anyway). The Zoe hasn't introduced larger battery until 2016 and the Leaf until 2018. It's a first generation electric car, for that it's still pretty usable in 2024.
As for being a town car: it easily qualifies as a commuting car too, as long as it's within its range. We bought ours 2y 8m ago and covered 47k miles since then, became the main car on day one. I only had to start the diesel about once a month, for longer journeys.

I am from Malta, mine was a UK import. vehicle had around 3000miles when I Bought it in 2018. ,Mine is a June 2016 manufacture. currently has just over 70k kms. No degradation. MB replaced my drive unit under warranty due to the leak issue. I did not notice battery degradation.
Hi
You are very lucky that motor was gone under warranty and MB has replaced it,some people replaced the motor 4 times,these all Texla motors are defective and hundreds of owner from 2014 to 2017 of 250e are suffering alot,changing a motor cost 15000 to 21000 ,I will suggest you to get rid of it as soon as possible before the motor seal leak again and it goes bad after warranty expired.
Your market value of car is around 10000 ,mine was only 40000 miles and no one was buying for 6k ,fortunately it has an accident and insurance totaled it and paid me market value.
I will never buy 250e in future.

Hi
You are very lucky that motor was gone under warranty and MB has replaced it,some people replaced the motor 4 times,these all Texla motors are defective and hundreds of owner from 2014 to 2017 of 250e are suffering alot,changing a motor cost 15000 to 21000 ,I will suggest you to get rid of it as soon as possible before the motor seal leak again and it goes bad after warranty expired.
Your market value of car is around 10000 ,mine was only 40000 miles and no one was buying for 6k ,fortunately it has an accident and insurance totaled it and paid me market value.
I will never buy 250e in future.

I was considering to install the Coolant Delete from qc Charge to prevent it from happening again. I still enjoy the car and am not ready to part with it just yet. Is there anayone here who has installed this coolant delete and can offer any feedback about it post install?

@Hussain , Can you stop replying with your negativity all the time? We all understand that you had a bad experience and sold your car but you are staying around the forum just to tell everyone that ALL of these cars are bad when they are not? Planting fear into the heart of perfectly happy owners? What's your point?
There are many happy owners without issues, your statement saying ALL cars will get fault is simply not true, you just made it up without evidence.
I sold mine with 107k miles with no leak, on the original motor.
Yes, there are issues but also, installing the coolant delete that costs $600 will eliminate this problem forever.

Last edited:
I was considering to install the Coolant Delete from qc Charge to prevent it from happening again. I still enjoy the car and am not ready to part with it just yet. Is there anyone here who has installed this coolant delete and can offer any feedback about it post install?
I did the coolant delete via DIY on my RAV4 EV -- which has a DU largely the same as the B250e -- a few months ago, and I installed a LDU rotor temperature monitor. I have never seen above ~230°F so far, and today with temps in the 70s, highway driving (55) for 70 miles, the rotor showed ~160.

I have about 2k miles since going to a dry rotor, and so far I haven't had any issues. I'm pretty pleased overall.

Latest posts

Back