Add rear view camera

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volterman

I have a B class with premium package and don't have a backup camera.
What are the options to add a backup camera ? How much should I expect to spend on this ?

The B Class is based on the same platform on as the A Class, CLA Class, and GLA class. There are numerous threads on MercedesCla.org about mods including backup cameras that I believe will work. I think that would be a good source to use since there are not a lot of us on this forum yet.

http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/35-cla-interior-styling/11262-backup-camera-installed-my-audio20-5-6-screen.html

I was told by a local shop that adding a rear camera is no big deal, but would need to get into the "engineering mode" to turn on the backup camera function. I tried the button combination for the 2015 CLA, but it appears that does not work on the B class...

I just don't want to feel like paying $500 for a MB installed rear camera when a camera on ebay sells for $20...

Yes, I am cheap... :)

Did you guys ever get this figured out? Mine doesn't have it either. I probably wouldn't use it much but my wife has had it for years and would be good for when she drives the car. I will look into the forum posted above.

It's not complicated to add an aftermarket rear view camera. They come with separate screens which either mount on top of your dash or on the rear view mirror.
However I am not sure if it's possible to connect it to the factory dash screen.

Check out Pearl's RearVision……just google it. There is NO wiring involved and uses your iPhone or Android device as the rearview screen. Yes it is slightly expensive but is a no-brainer for installing and I have installed the run of the mill devices out there and it is not a piece of cake as they claim. Yes, I own one and installed it on my wife's Be. thanks

Check out Pearl's RearVision……just google it. There is NO wiring involved and uses your iPhone or Android device as the rearview screen. Yes it is slightly expensive but is a no-brainer for installing and I have installed the run of the mill devices out there and it is not a piece of cake as they claim. Yes, I own one and installed it on my wife's Be. thanks

Back