Is lease extension possible?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaferty

My 2 yr. lease is up 12/16, probably earlier than most.

I would consider extending due to low payment &
wait for newer technology.

Has anyone had experience extending a lease through MB Financial?

I hope so! , I even left a message for the Mercedes of Nanuet, NY dealership and they said they couldn't say what they would
offer at the end of my three year lease (December 2017) but I've heard verbally they will allow month by month for up to a year. That would suit me just fine I really like my car and really like my monthly payment. Let us know what you find out! BMW says you have to have another BMW on order (Or be waiting a few months for the next version) for them to allow a lease extension... It's all about mis-information and then getting you into a new car every two or three years, they make a lot of money on the turn-over.

I have heard not to contact a dealer who will only try to lease or sell you a new car.
Instead, contact MB Financial Services directly which I will do with 90 days remaining.
At the end of the lease the car will not be worth the residual. Maybe they will sell at auction to
recoup some $$ above my low monthly payment.
Carmax has six cars which they have held for 60-120 days. Not sure what they were thinking when they
bought them at auction!
If I can't extend, I will consider assuming a lease with 12+ months remaining.
This may get me to the point of some new technology.

In the same boat with a 12/17 end of lease term so getting interested in this topic. I am going to start watching CarMax. If anyone knows where the leasing company auctions their cars, wouldn't it be interesting to bid on one's own car!

Could not find any at CarMax.com but found seven on carfax.com just now.

spoke with Remarketing Dept. at MBFS. Generally, a lease extn. is available if you are considering a new lease or
purchase. They may extend for up to six months if you are working with a salesperson or have a purchase order.
I said I was not interested in a new vehicle, but would like to extend anyway.
Email response I received after phone call was almost a generic reply, so I have asked for clarification for my situation.

If anyway is interested in me assuming their lease in Jan.,2017, let me know. I would like to have another 12-18 months to
wait on new technology.

Wow that was fun looking at CarMax --In Jan 2018 my buyout is $23,818, and I have a loaded 2014 B-Class ED, the only thing I would wish for was Apple Car Play which became available in the 2015-2016 models. (optional) and I actually do not know anyone who has commented on it. I really like my car, and if I could get a bumper to bumper warranty including drivetrain -- actually, maybe I would just go for it without, my car has been unbelievably reliable. I have about 21,000 miles and am not putting on the long miles like I did at the beginning of the lease. At the end of 3 years lease I will probably be at 30k miles (6k under). I would LOVE to extend my lease 6 months, 1 year, 2 years -- whatever they will give me. Alternatively I finance it for four years with an additional $5k down and enjoy driving it another year or two -- at which point I probably owe $10k, the car is 5 years old, 55k miles -- and I think plenty of life left in it.....
Questions:

Do you think I could negotiate the buyout price from 23818 to 20k?
Is the battery/DU (Drive unit = motor) /gateway (Computer that connects the two) warrantied for 8 years/100k? or is the entire car 4 years/50k warranty?

If anyone knows, please advise. On the surface, if the retail resale price is near the buyout price, they have to be negotiable for selling to us as all they do with returned lease cars is to flip it to an auction at wholesale price. Doesn't quite work as well to extend lease as the wholesale auction price might drop fast for older cars.

Mine does not end till December 2017 so I am not going to work the phones for a bit.

Today I received paperwork for a 6 month lease extension. :D
After phone conversation with Remarketing Dept. at MBFS I emailed & asked
for 6 months vs. 4 months offered.
They typically want a commitment to buy or lease a new vehicle in order to grant an extension.
I said I just wanted to extend my lease & was not interested in another vehicle at this time.
So I'm pleasantly surprised they agreed to a 6 month extension.

blaferty,

Nice job. Assume they just kept the same rate and purchase price and just extended six months.

Will follow your footsteps and hopefully bridge to 200 mile range electric in mid-2018.

Thanks for posting.

Back