2015 model?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazyvshank

Hi

Have any of you ordered or got a 2015 model of the B class ED? If not, does anyone know when it goes into production? I am interested in the 2015 model year mainly because I would like other wheel options.
Thank you!

So funny I wasn't crazy about the 2014 Model Year wheels, but I bought that car and the wheels have grown on me. The closed design is better for aerodynamics and doesn't get clogged with snow. There are so many 2014s out there why don't you make a deal ( assuming you aren't waiting for keyless entry and slightly different nav. Later you can buy a second set of wheels and if you want I'm sure you can save or sell the OEM ones. It might be worth the savings.

wtzouris said:
So funny I wasn't crazy about the 2014 Model Year wheels, but I bought that car and the wheels have grown on me. The closed design is better for aerodynamics and doesn't get clogged with snow. There are so many 2014s out there why don't you make a deal ( assuming you aren't waiting for keyless entry and slightly different nav. Later you can buy a second set of wheels and if you want I'm sure you can save or sell the OEM ones. It might be worth the savings.

Thanks but I would like the keyless entry as well. Any idea when it goes into production?

Still no news for 2015? General availability was supposed to be early 2015. pretty soon it would be mid 2015.

My Leaf lease is up soon, need to make a decision soon.

I'm told the 2015 will be announced this weekend, and cars shipped Mon/Tue next week. But I've been told this before!

I ordered a 2015 B-electric drive in Oct., 2014. It was built in Nov., shipped to So. Cal. in early Dec.--and, there it sits, to the best of my knowledge. Does anyone know when/if the 2015 model will (ever) be released? I'd love to know if I should shop for another car. My dealer has no idea if MB USA intends to release the car.

bear9069 said:
I ordered a 2015 B-electric drive in Oct., 2014. It was built in Nov., shipped to So. Cal. in early Dec.--and, there it sits, to the best of my knowledge. Does anyone know when/if the 2015 model will (ever) be released? I'd love to know if I should shop for another car. My dealer has no idea if MB USA intends to release the car.

It must be upsetting that your car is simply sitting there and cannot be delivered.

The weekend has come and gone, still no words on the new model. I dropped by my local MB dealer on my way home yesterday. The sales person not only does not know anything about the BE, but also trying to convince me that all EVs are just pieces of ****, until I showed him I am driving one.

MB is sure trying to do everything that can to dissuade people from buying the B ED!

Tonglaji said:
bear9069 said:

I'm on the wrong coast to have the correct answer but isn't there a major backlog in the SoCal ports from a dock worker strike / slowdown? Could be as simple as that.

I am likely in the same situation as you are, but living in Northern California. Ordered a new B Class ED back in October 2014. The car which is a 2015 model was built, shipped, and is currently waiting at the VPC in Long Beach, CA, along with other 2015 models. I was told its delivery to the dealership is pending the general release by Mercedes Benz USA of the 2015 model. Nobody seems to know when that is supposed to happen. My impression is: there still is a small inventory of 2014 B Class models. The 2014 cars get shuffled around the United States in order to be sold first, before Mercedes Benz USA decides to release the 2015 model.

I believe you are likely correct. It also shows that MB is absolutely clueless! I wonder how many sales they have lost to this insanity!

renault19 said:
My impression is: there still is a small inventory of 2014 B Class models. The 2014 cars get shuffled around the United States in order to be sold first, before Mercedes Benz USA decides to release the 2015 model.

Today, I received an e-mail from my salesman with the price sheet for the vehicle I ordered. I think that counts as progress. Still no news as to (a) when the 2015 model will be released or as to (b) whether there will be a national roll-out--or just more of the same 2014 bi-coastal arrangement.

[Today, I received an e-mail from my salesman with the price sheet for the vehicle I ordered.]

Is the base price quote you got for the 2015 model you ordered similar to the MSRP of $41,450 (US dollars) for a 2014 model?
Or is the price quote you got a lot higher?

Same list price for the 2015 base as you quote for 2014. However, I think that a few options in '14 are now standard equipment in '15--so the price has decreased a bit when adjusted for this. Still no news regarding a national release date.

Yesterday, I received a message that the 2015s (including the one I ordered) have been released. Unclear as yet whether this is a national or, as before, only regional roll-out.

It appears to be bi-coastal only, same as last year. If you're not in a zero-emissions-mandate state, then you don't get the car. BMW introduced the i3 nationally . . . but MB can't bring itself to do the same with the B.

But, it's apparently more interesting and complicated than this. I chatted with my local dealer this afternoon. He said that they're sending people for training for the B Electric next month. I live in a non-ZEV state. So, regional roll-out with national support?

What matters more is what deals MB and the dealers will be making (or not making) on the 2005. This will affect the actual price far more than any slight change in MSRP...

bear9069 said:
Same list price for the 2015 base as you quote for 2014. However, I think that a few options in '14 are now standard equipment in '15--so the price has decreased a bit when adjusted for this. Still no news regarding a national release date.

I heard from a dealer pricing for 2015 models was released Wednesday; and they are starting to offer leases but can't guarantee delivery date for the west coast states as well beyond "sometime in april/may"

Back