Any delivery info?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

According to Mercedes Benz, US production of the B-Class Electric Drive is on track and deliveries would begin mid-summer (in the initial release states).

When is mid-summer? We are in July, which I would call mid-summer.... has anyone heard any updates/info from their dealers?

It is my understanding that the B Class ED's are still at the US regional preparation centers (the one I ordered included) and they will be shipped to the dealers in two weeks. If anyone hears of an actual delivery, please let us know. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Steve L.
Studio City, CA

Hardly! I haven't even ordered one... I'm spoiled by QC on the Leaf and will likely wait until it is available on the B next year...

http://insideevs.com/first-batch-mercedes-benz-b-class-electric-drive-evs-hit-us-soil-weekend/

klaus said:
tomt said:
The first one was supposedly delivered to a customer last week...
Whaaaat?! Did you get one already!?

Ok thanks for confirming!

That article seems to indicate a shipment was received in the US, but likely not by a customer probably it was Mercedes USA that will be sending them out to dealerships.

The shipment is still sitting at the port. However, my Mercedes dealer tells me the car will be at the dealer within the next week or so, likely because now the B-Class has been officially launched in the US.

When someone gets a MBCED with the range package, please do some trips with and without it when charging and tell us of your experience.

It will be interesting to see if the B-Class ED gets all sorts of extra range easily and regularly, similar to the Tesla powered Rav4 EV

roperld said:
When someone gets a MBCED with the range package, please do some trips with and without it when charging and tell us of your experience.

Also, please describe the process for engaging range charging. Does it only activate after putting the car in 'Park'? Does it deactivate if the car is merely taken out of Park, turned on, etc.? Can it be activated remotely? Can it be defaulted to remain on for successive charge sessions?

Thanks much

pjwood said:
Also, please describe the process for engaging range charging. Does it only activate after putting the car in 'Park'? Does it deactivate if the car is merely taken out of Park, turned on, etc.? Can it be activated remotely? Can it be defaulted to remain on for successive charge sessions?

Thanks much

I doubt it - Mercedes said that you shouldn't use the extended range option all the time, but if I recall, they didn't say how often was acceptable. Either way, seems like if you could leave it turned on it would violate their idea for ideal battery life

I read that it should not be used more than twice a month. But still, no matter how often you use it, the warranty still covers your battery if it drops below a certain capacity.

Steve

Really? Strange that they want to tell you to limit it, but don't include that in their warranty. I guess that would potentially scare people away... they didn't want another Leaf battery pack fiasco I guess

Back