Audio 20 Text Messages

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixpak

Is anyone able to activate and use the text message feature that is available when hooked to bluetooth? The envelope in the telephone settings is dark on mine but it says that is where you activate the settings. I am using an iPhone 6 and can use the phone and bluetooth audio just fine.

I haven't pushed every button in an attempt but I've never seen texts to the infotainment actually work. Never worked in my Lincoln via the Ford Sync ever.

TheStig said:
I haven't pushed every button in an attempt but I've never seen texts to the infotainment actually work. Never worked in my Lincoln via the Ford Sync ever.

Hi Stig

We use Ford Sync on our 13 Energi and there is a setting that turns on text messaging. it is nice that it reads the messages to you when driving.

I am hoping when we get the map pilot sd card for navigation it will activate the voice command on the steering wheel and give us the option of text messages. Going to ask when I ask about MBNA Electric web app issue.

Matt

sixpak said:
Is anyone able to activate and use the text message feature that is available when hooked to bluetooth? The envelope in the telephone settings is dark on mine but it says that is where you activate the settings. I am using an iPhone 6 and can use the phone and bluetooth audio just fine.
This is working for me. My salesperson told me it depends on the network. I have AT&T. When I paired my phone (Nexus 6) with the car, it asked for Bluetooth permissions, one of those was "Message Access." I enabled that permission along with the others, and it worked.

My car wouldn't import contacts from my phone for some reason. So I had to download them to the car from the phone over Bluetooth. That took a while, but it worked.

pavan said:
sixpak said:
This is working for me. My salesperson told me it depends on the network. I have AT&T. When I paired my phone (Nexus 6) with the car, it asked for Bluetooth permissions, one of those was "Message Access." I enabled that permission along with the others, and it worked.

My car wouldn't import contacts from my phone for some reason. So I had to download them to the car from the phone over Bluetooth. That took a while, but it worked.

Thank you I checked the bluetooth settings for the MB on the iPhone and the allow messages was off. I turned it on and hope it will be fixed!

Back