Backup Camera Needs Cleaning

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterRed

I lease a B ED and also have a CLA250. Took the B out today and noticed that the camera was filthy. I said to myself, how can that be? Come to find out, the camera is exposed to the elements all the time. Mine doesn't retract in like the CLA. I didn't know that about the B.

Just posting in case someone else expected the camera to retract like other Mercedes.

JupiterRed said:
[snip]...Mine doesn't retract in like the CLA. I didn't know that about the B.

Just posting in case someone else expected the camera to retract like other Mercedes.
Wow, didn't know that any cars had that feature, always had to clean the lens once a week on every car that I've owned which had a rear camera. I guess the B-Class is a budget Benz.

Nice idea, but yet another thing that could break like lights that turn when going around corners.

VW has it too. It is hidden in the emblem on the back which flips up when reverse is engaged.

padamson1 said:
Wow, didn't know that any cars had that feature, always had to clean the lens once a week on every car that I've owned which had a rear camera. I guess the B-Class is a budget Benz.

Back