battery capacity

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

Various web pages indicate that the usable battery capacity of the standard-charge mode is 28 kWh and the usable battery capacity of the range-charge mode is 32 kWh. If those numbers are correct, the total battery capacity must be ~35 kWh to minimize capacity loss with increasing mileage. I wonder if it is the "40-kWh" battery of the canceled smallest version of the Tesla Model S; if it is, perhaps even more usable capacity could be turned on in future model years for the ED.

I suspect not. There simply isn't enough room in the B for that size pack... It is more likely a custom pack specifically for this purpose and does not have any hidden capacity as in the 40Kwh Tesla (which was actually a 60Kwh pack)...

roperld said:
I wonder if it is the "40-kWh" battery of the canceled smallest version of the Tesla Model S; if it is, perhaps even more usable capacity could be turned on in future model years for the ED.

Back