BEV comparisons

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

BEVMPGERange.jpg

One has to wonder what makes the B's efficiency so terrible... The worst of any EV.
Also using a range of 104 for the B is a little disingenuous as this implies the range package which is untested at this point and an unknown...

My guess is B class's poor efficiency has to deal with it's weight? Maybe also it's regen abilities as it's not as aggressive?

Efficiency is not bad, 5 people can seat comfortable (nice leg room), bigger trunk, bigger interior, higher ceiling, nice luxury EV, not to many EV give you all that, I am happy to exchange some little efficiency for all that.

BTW

Mercedes B electric drive 177 horsepower and 251 pound-feet of torque (Chirp tires, no kidding)

i3 BMW 170 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque

Nissan Leaf 107 horsepower and 187 lb-ft torque

Smart electric 76-horsepower electric motor that puts out 96 lb-ft of torque

Ford Focus 143 horsepower 184 lb-ft torque

Wally said:
BTW

Mercedes B electric drive 177 horsepower and 251 pound-feet of torque (Chirp tires, no kidding)
Actually, chirping the tires is a problem for me: From a standstill if I punch it (like I would with my ICE) to get going quck, the tires chirp until the traction control kicks in.

Strange as it may sound, this thing has too much power...

Back