Cabin AC active when parked

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassESage

I've noticed that the AC was on (blue light) when the car was parked. Ambient temperature is in the 80's. Climate control is "not active".

Has anyone noticed this, or has an explanation for what's going on?

I believe the button you are referring to is the pre-entry climate control via smart key. Too much to type on iPad here, but check page 121,122 and 185 of manual.

Basically if enabled the climate control will come on for one minute if temp warrants when unlocking with smart key. You can disable in e-cell menu.

Yeah it's a setting the the dash/computer -- when you unlock the car the cabin does pre-entry climate control. This is separate from the app setting.

When I had The Dealer do a software update, I mentioned this problem. The Dealer both did the software update and claimed to have gotten the Pre button to work like The Manual claims it should. The result: Before the software update, could not turn off the Pre; after the software update, cannot turn it on.

RicR2 said:
When I had The Dealer do a software update, I mentioned this problem. The Dealer both did the software update and claimed to have gotten the Pre button to work like The Manual claims it should. The result: Before the software update, could not turn off the Pre; after the software update, cannot turn it on.

That's too bad! I have yet to deal with this issue, but MB has been slow to fix other software bugs for the BE in the past.

I have the opposite problem/need. I live in Texas, and I would like some way to leave the car (a) with the a/c on and (b) secure. Right now, I can leave it, but I have to leave it running and unlocked. Is there any way to do this? I have the mBrace app (which may be history as I write this; the sites for MB owners in general and for mbrace for the B electric appear to be changing), but I can't seem to make it do this. At a minimum, I would like to be able simply to lock the car and walk away; I don't need an app. Ideas?

@bear, Can't you press the button on your dash and exit the car? I do this all the time and I come back to a frosty car.

Johnsie said:
@bear, Can't you press the button on your dash and exit the car? I do this all the time and I come back to a frosty car.

I concur. Press the climate preconditioning button on the dash and walk away. Stays on even after you lock the car while walking away. The caveat is that it cuts off after an hour or so, in case you were planning on running your AC that long.

Really, the MBE web app for our phone should let us control this function. The giant "Climate Control" button on the app is just a placebo as far as I can tell.

I've had no problem activating climate control from the MB App. The one time I tried it I was successful. When I got into the car, the blue lights were on on the pre-condition button.

I use the climate control button in the app on a daily basis. Works great. The glitches are that you must log out, then back in, and then turn off climate control, then immediately back on. Then leave the app up on the screen until the data updates. It's funky, but it works every time.

Back